Author Topic: No Supernova?  (Read 57112 times)

Offline Grey Wolf

Originally posted by aldo_14:
On board Sathanas 13, orbiting the Capella sun.

Shivan 1; "Hey, where's Steve?"
Shivan 2; "Dunno.  Why?"
Shivan 1; "Well, he was on that cruiser, right?"
Shivan 2; "Yeah"
Shivan 1; "And he said blow up the sun if he gets hurt?"
Shivan 2; "Yup.  Cool, eh? Where is he, anyway?"
Shivan 1; "He's disabled"
Shivan 2; "Godd as dead then, eh?  might as well blow up that there star, then."
Shivan 1; "Can't."
Shivan 2; "Why?  He's not going to get here?"
Shivan 1; "Yeaaaahhhhh....."
Shivan 2; "So?"
Shivan 1; "I don't know where the button is"
Shivan 2; "****** .  Sod it then, let's go and get a pint with that funny pink man we picked up in the nebula."
Shivan 1; "Fair enuff.  Your round though."
Shivan 2; "What, for 896,000 drones?  That'll be likely....."
Meanwhile, aboard the GTD Aquitaine....
Lt. Cmdr. Grey Wolf (a.k.a. Alpha 1): Sir, what is your analysis of my squadron's mission?
Admrl. Petrarch: No debriefing for mission "Apocalypse".
GW: What was that sir?
Petrarch: No debriefing for mission "Apocalypse".
GW: What are you on, Admiral?
Petrarch: No debriefing for mission "Apocalypse".
GW: Alpha 2, get over here and take Petrarch to the infirmary.
Alpha 2: There's a bogie on your tail, pilot!
GW: WTF?
Alpha 2: AAAAAAHH! (runs into a wall)
GW: (heads to barracks and looks under bed) Damn! They've gotten into my supply of Bosh Beer again...
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline TheVirtu

• Firedancer
    • http://autoassault.edgegaming.com
Nice ones you two!

------------------
Head of the Beyond Campaign for FS2.
The year 2375, The Beginning, Deneb. The ship, the GTD Messana, do you know where the NTF is?
Project Leader of the Ascension of Beyond Campaign
"There was a time of peace, this time is over, peace will be paid for in blood."
Site Director of the Auto Assault Outpost- http://autoassault.edgegaming.com
Site Director of the Darkspace Connection - http://www.3dap.com/darkspace
Former Webmaster of i82.co.uk - Shut Down 2/12/03
"If HLP wants your developing, they'll promote you to Senior Engineer, now shutup and focus!" - Shi
Think of the Coke machines! What did they ever do to you![/b]

Offline Black Sheep

• Wannabe Composer

Originally posted by Alikchi:
Originally posted by Arnav:
You saved Capella!

I laugh every time I read this   [/B]

Me 2  
"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"
-Hamlet rulez

Offline TheVirtu

• Firedancer
    • http://autoassault.edgegaming.com

Supposed to? You mean it didn't? And GTVA Command has knwn about this all along? So it must be a conspiracy? And because the Shivans will come there will be headz? So Vasudans will be happy? So an alliance with the Shivans would be good? So that...    

Well would you want it sealed off while your still in Capella? the Bastion already took out the other node.

------------------
Head of the Beyond Campaign for FS2.
The year 2375, The Beginning, Deneb. The ship, the GTD Messana, do you know where the NTF is?
Project Leader of the Ascension of Beyond Campaign
"There was a time of peace, this time is over, peace will be paid for in blood."
Site Director of the Auto Assault Outpost- http://autoassault.edgegaming.com
Site Director of the Darkspace Connection - http://www.3dap.com/darkspace
Former Webmaster of i82.co.uk - Shut Down 2/12/03
"If HLP wants your developing, they'll promote you to Senior Engineer, now shutup and focus!" - Shi
Think of the Coke machines! What did they ever do to you![/b]

Offline Grey Wolf

Just saw the addition to my title.  
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Now, what do all the Capellans have to say?
(Toy Story voice) "You have saved our lives. We are eternally grateful."  
-C

Offline Grey Wolf

Originally posted by WMCoolmon:
Now, what do all the Capellans have to say?
(Toy Story voice) "You have saved our lives. We are eternally grateful."  
"Except for the fact the Shivans will kill us all."

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Alpha 1, Lt. Cmdr Grey Wolf, shall save them, along with Collosuses 2-900!
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Grey Wolf

Originally posted by Alikchi:
Collosuses 2-900!
? ?
What is this?

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
uh...Colossus -898?

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!
    • http://www.google.com/search?q=404error.com
I think he means Colossus 2, Colossus 3, ..., Colossus 899 and Colossus 900.

------------------
--Mik
http://www.404error.com
ruhkferret on ICQ/AIM
[I am not really here. This post is entirely a figment of your imagination.]

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
That many?? (Since I have it on the clipboard...)    Fine, I'll add something constructive  ...could that many Colossuses defeath 100+Sathanii?  

[This message has been edited by WMCoolmon (edited 01-01-2002).]
-C

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!
Nope. 100 Sathani will collapse the local star and then jump out leaving everyone else stranded.  

------------------
--Mik
ruhkferret on ICQ/AIM

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper

Originally posted by Ace Pace:
Sandwich i can`t get to your site help me!

That previous link to the CapShip Turret Upgrade is fixed, but here's another one for your convenience: http://www.geocities.com/sandvich/    

------------------
America, stand assured that Israel truly understands what you are going through.

Know how to use Rhino3D? Want to put your ships into Freespace 2? You've come to the right place!

"He who laughs last thinks slowest."
"Just becase you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you."
"To err is human; to really screw up you need a computer."
Creator of the Sandvich Bar, the CapShip Turret Upgrade, the Complete FS2 Ship List and the System Backgrounds List (all available from the site)

[This message has been edited by sandwich (edited 01-03-2002).]
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!

Originally posted by sandwich:
That previos link to the CapShip Turret Upgrade is fixed, but here's another one for your convenience: http://www.goecities.com/sandvich/    

That URL doesn't eem to exist anymore, Sandwich.

------------------
--Mik
ruhkferret on ICQ/AIM

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Nah, I think this proves my theory that the Sathani are Shivan trailer homes. See, they really just wanted to make friends with the Terrans this whole time, but due to an unfortunate culture gap and some preliminary spy reports collected durign the Terran-Vasudan war, the Shivans figured our primary method of communication involved focusing high-density plasma charges into each other. Thus, Lucifer scout fleet showed up and transmitted the message "We come in peace", wiping out all nearby. Hurt and confused at the Terrans' and Vasudans' panicked flight, they followed the GTA fleet to Vasuda Prime. Knowing an important populated planet when they saw one, what subsequently ensued was the equivalent of thousands of years of Shivan history, science, and literature broken up into several easy-to-understand blasts... Thirty years later, the Shivans spot Terrans in their nebula. Curious as to what happened to their peace delegation, they accost the first fleet they see and bombard them with questions. The Terrans return fire, and, overjoyed that contact has finally been made, the Shivans mobilize their colony ships, ordering them to set up a permanent base around the nearest Terran star where Shivans and Terrans (and Vasudans, who the Shivans assumed were just more Terrans) could trade, communicate, and live in harmony. Up to the death of the Colossus, the Shivans maintained their good intentions, though they had to admit that maintaining good relations with the Terrans seemed to be getting an awful lot of them killed. It was only when the Terrans sealed off the first Capella jump node that the Shivans guessed that something was amiss. Slowly the idea formed that maybe we WEREN'T friendly, after all. Hurt by this possible breach of trust, the Shivans sent out one last delegate, headed on what they last knew as a route to the Sol system and the capitol of Terran government, housed in a Cain class executive transport. When diplomatic talks opened up prematurely and destroyed the Cain and the diplomat before a meeting, let alone consensus, could be achieved. Shocked and disgusted by the treachery of the Terrans, the Sathanas fleet blew up the Capella star in the universal signal for "farewell", which they hoped would eventually reach the remaining Terrans in other systems, and returned home, never to be seen by Terrans again.

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!

Originally posted by Stryke 9:
Nah, I think this proves my theory that the Sathani are Shivan trailer homes. See, they really just wanted to make friends with the Terrans this whole time, but due to an unfortunate culture gap and some preliminary spy reports collected durign the Terran-Vasudan war, the Shivans figured our primary method of communication involved focusing high-density plasma charges into each other. Thus, Lucifer scout fleet showed up and transmitted the message "We come in peace", wiping out all nearby. Hurt and confused at the Terrans' and Vasudans' panicked flight, they followed the GTA fleet to Vasuda Prime. Knowing an important populated planet when they saw one, what subsequently ensued was the equivalent of thousands of years of Shivan history, science, and literature broken up into several easy-to-understand blasts... Thirty years later, the Shivans spot Terrans in their nebula. Curious as to what happened to their peace delegation, they accost the first fleet they see and bombard them with questions. The Terrans return fire, and, overjoyed that contact has finally been made, the Shivans mobilize their colony ships, ordering them to set up a permanent base around the nearest Terran star where Shivans and Terrans (and Vasudans, who the Shivans assumed were just more Terrans) could trade, communicate, and live in harmony. Up to the death of the Colossus, the Shivans maintained their good intentions, though they had to admit that maintaining good relations with the Terrans seemed to be getting an awful lot of them killed. It was only when the Terrans sealed off the first Capella jump node that the Shivans guessed that something was amiss. Slowly the idea formed that maybe we WEREN'T friendly, after all. Hurt by this possible breach of trust, the Shivans sent out one last delegate, headed on what they last knew as a route to the Sol system and the capitol of Terran government, housed in a Cain class executive transport. When diplomatic talks opened up prematurely and destroyed the Cain and the diplomat before a meeting, let alone consensus, could be achieved. Shocked and disgusted by the treachery of the Terrans, the Sathanas fleet blew up the Capella star in the universal signal for "farewell", which they hoped would eventually reach the remaining Terrans in other systems, and returned home, never to be seen by Terrans again.

I... have... no words...

------------------
--Mik
ruhkferret on ICQ/AIM

Offline Neon

Originally posted by Stryke 9:

Oh... my... god...      

Now really, once i saw a show on tv kinda like this! Some aliens came in peace, but while trying to communicate with us, they hit some satellites with a superheated laser that transmitted to earth their transmission, but humans couldn't understand it! Moscow and Washington, thinking they were hostile, fired lots of nukes! They destroyed some of the alien ships, and they aliens fired their energy weapons. Right before they were destroyed, the aliens fired a weaker laser, which reported a transmission in english, saying that they were peaceful. Too late, though, the alien energy weapons had already been fired, destroying Washington and Moscow...

[This message has been edited by Neon (edited 01-02-2002).]