Author Topic: Prototype  (Read 3750 times)

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I despised the layout of the City. Then again, I compared it to GTA IV

But yes, it was fun. Some of those vehicles, hodamn.
Never did complete the Web
"No"

You know, I beat that game like 3 times and I still don't know the layout of the city.  Hard to really care where roads are when you typically travel by rooftops or skyjacking.

Liked this game a lot.  Had plenty of flaws, especially with combat lacking in variety, but was fun.
Made it hard to actually enjoy Infamous or Infamous 2 though.   The combat itself is much better in those games, but the mobility sucks ass by comparison.  Not a good thing when so much of the game is going from place to place.

I'm concerned about the sequel though.  Plot-wise, the released trailers so far are very much "WTF, Did you guys actually play the first one?"

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Maybe that's what they were going for. Speaking of which, we may as well convert this one into number two.

Trailer for Prototype 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgCDsIWHTIM
"No"

Offline Davros

Remembered, why it was not contained within the hallowed platters of the sacred terabyte of gaming goodness
I buggered the game up hex editing the exe file to properly support widescreen and i had to uninstall it (now there is a res changer program available on widescreen gaming website)
just re installed it today as it is indeed loads of fun
plus having free hdd space available is against the teachings of the gaming gods and as a devout believer I would never knowingly commit such an act of heresy...

ps: prototype a microsoft games for windows game doesnt work with a microsoft sidewinder mouse - brilliance in action

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
I'm concerned about the sequel though.  Plot-wise, the released trailers so far are very much "WTF, Did you guys actually play the first one?"
How so?

"Destroy your maker.  Destroy Alex Mercer."

You can't destroy Alex Mercer, and he's sure as hell not Heller's maker.  Alex Mercer was dead before prototype 1 even began.  The protagonist was Zeus, aka the blacklight virus itself.
And it doesn't infect anything - it just eats them.  If this ends any way other them Heller finding out he's not actually Heller, just another part of blacklight, and merging with Zeus I'll be very disappointing.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Eh.

While Mercer as the person and the scientist who he used to be has been dead ever since before the first game began, you can still use his name for the being (aka virus) that took over his body. Half the time Mercer is referred to as either Zeus or Mercer, so both are correct when referring to it. Also, I'm pretty sure Zeus or Mercer whichever you want to call it is capable of infecting others just like Greene (or Mother if you want to call it that instead) was. Because he was essentially the protagonist in the game, he didn't do it, even going as far as to save Mercer's sister. On the other hand, Mercer when he was still alive actually did cause the initial outbreak of the virus, so in a sense he did infect others albeit indirectly.

So, as Heller was infected by the virus by Zeus/Mercer and because the thing is better known as Mercer because Zeus is a code name Blackwatch gave it, it is quite correct to call it Mercer even in Prototype 2. Heller may not even know the code name at the time of him being infected.

So in short, if you have a problem with the Zeus being also called Mercer, then you have a problem with about a third the dialogue in Protoype 1. And if we have now established it can be called Mercer, Mercer's body should be destructible by plenty of means. I mean probably even you died quite a few times in the game, you weren't completely invincible.

The bigger problem with the slogan of Prototype 2 is that it sounds cheesy, but I'm willing to give it benefit of doubt and wait how good a game it'll be.

Also, I wonder if Pariah will make an appearance in Prototype 2. A three way battle royale between Mercer, Heller and Pariah would be quite a spectacle. :D