Author Topic: I created a large part of the 2d/3d art for gathering storm.  (Read 6484 times)

Offline DamoX

I created a large part of the 2d/3d art for gathering storm.
Hello, I started out as a Starshatter modder, I built the b5 hold the line mod, then I went on to create a lot of the 2d/3d art for gathering storm, I still have a ton of the pre-production models and textures.

I have been trying for a while to get in touch with milo and see where things are going. Is this community alive still?

my contact info is [email protected]

Cheers

oh and btw.. web masters.. fu with your confirm to post bs.. that's stupid.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: I created a large part of the 2d/3d art for gathering storm.
We're sorry about any hassles regarding our antispam features. We've unfortunately been forced to use them.

That being said, I was unfortunately unable to find much time to work on SS:TGS recently, as work (and the necessary recovery time) have eaten into my free coding time. I will say however that any such materials would be of great interest to us.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Alan Bolte

• Deneb III
    • @Compellor
Oh, hey, I remember you from way back when I was playing the beta. What have you been up to?
Anything worth doing is worth analyzing to death -Iranon

Offline Echelon9

Hi - as The E notes there are coders around with some ideas for the engine.
I'm sadly in the same situation where limited coding time has meant my involvement in StarShatter has been pretty weak of late.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Awesome - I love it when the people behind the artwork show up! SS:TGS has a huge amount of character in its ship design, even when the graphics are starting to age. Again, it's a pleasure to have you, DamoX.

:)

By the way, can I again use this time as a plug to move this board to a more appropriate location?
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Jander

I'll be posting a new thread on this question but thought it fit here as well. I'd like to see how much interest there would be in a brand new Official Starshatter.  I can get permission to continue the game and it has wormed its way into my heart so if there is interest it is something I'd like to move forward with.

Cheers,
Jander

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Well, depends on what Milo says about it, I guess.

On that note, he has been in contact and has graciously changed the licensing on the source code release so that it is now under a variant of the 3-clause BSD license, which is extremely good news.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Jander

That is good news, Very cool of him to do that.

Offline Echelon9

Very nice to see.

Offline se5a

Oh wow,  DamoclesX, I remember that name from way back in the beta days. long time no see.

and yeah I agree on the confirm to post, that's a serious pain.

Offline Cyberkada

• http://b5sc.com
Reviving the Babylon 5 Hold The Line Mod.  (Editing game files directly without a MOD).  Have the Olympus and Kestrel in game now.  Many changes required for 5.5... Have the B5 Systems Map in place (from Mongoose)
Babylon 5: Starship Commander

hey im a big fan of babylon 5 the greatest sci fi ever man i been playing your mod lately in the original starshatter  not the gathering storm man thank you for building that mod its just perfect i been building some missions for the game its awesome  :p