Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > FS2 Open Tools

RELEASE: FreeSpace Open Installer, v2.3.5

<< < (2/124) > >>

mjn.mixael:
Bah.. I was trying to poke you on IRC for one small change I think you should make.

When hash verification fails, it deletes the file and notifies the user that the failed file was deleted. I was thinking it would be prudent to change that from "failed file deleted" to "failed file deleted, if problem persists please contact the mod creator" or something. One of the BtA Demo files failed hash verification because I wrote it wrong in the installer.txt but didn't realize it until I tested it myself just recently.

EDIT: Used it for the first time on my real install directory instead of a test directory... it correctly ensured that my MediaVPs were up-to-date and installed correctly. It also successfully downloaded and installed some other mods with no problems. In short, it works! This should be highlighted.

Also, it might be a good idea at some point to force sub-installs (options that require parent installation first) to be forced to wait to download until the parent is green-lighted. Being in Google Fiber, I set my max concurrent downloads to 10, which instantly failed all of FSPort because the parent hash was still calculating.

headdie:
Awesome stuff Goober, FYI posted the great news to Reddit and Facebook

m!m:
The downloaded bytes status text annoyed me because it was showing the raw byte number so I changed it to display a string which should be easier to read. Patch is attached.

I am also adding strings for a German translation but that could take a while...

EDIT: And done, see attached file

[attachment deleted by an evil time traveler]

Goober5000:

--- Quote from: mjn.mixael on May 11, 2014, 12:46:36 am ---When hash verification fails, it deletes the file and notifies the user that the failed file was deleted. I was thinking it would be prudent to change that from "failed file deleted" to "failed file deleted, if problem persists please contact the mod creator" or something. One of the BtA Demo files failed hash verification because I wrote it wrong in the installer.txt but didn't realize it until I tested it myself just recently.
--- End quote ---

Okay, I'll add something along these lines.

--- Quote ---EDIT: Used it for the first time on my real install directory instead of a test directory... it correctly ensured that my MediaVPs were up-to-date and installed correctly. It also successfully downloaded and installed some other mods with no problems. In short, it works! This should be highlighted.
--- End quote ---

Great! :)

--- Quote ---Also, it might be a good idea at some point to force sub-installs (options that require parent installation first) to be forced to wait to download until the parent is green-lighted. Being in Google Fiber, I set my max concurrent downloads to 10, which instantly failed all of FSPort because the parent hash was still calculating.
--- End quote ---

Child installations already wait for parent installations to finish, so this might be a different problem.  I guess I'll need to see your log files.

--- Quote from: m!m on May 11, 2014, 11:06:22 am ---The downloaded bytes status text annoyed me because it was showing the raw byte number so I changed it to display a string which should be easier to read. Patch is attached.

I am also adding strings for a German translation but that could take a while...

EDIT: And done, see attached file
--- End quote ---

Thanks!  I've updated the download sites with the new translation.  I've added the bytes patch to the code, but I'll wait to update the build with that until I address the things MjnMixael noticed.

fightermedic:
very nifity, having this installer in a working shape should benefit this community a lot

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version