Site Management > Site Support / Feedback

Author Topic: important wiki matter: please post thoughts 2

<< < (7/7)

Rhymes:

xenocartographer:

--- Quote from: Mobius on February 06, 2021, 05:13:00 am ---
--- Quote from: karajorma on February 06, 2021, 05:03:19 am ---if someone says "We all agreed" that can mean that people had other opinions but the majority decided differently

--- End quote ---

:wtf:

--- End quote ---

Hey, it was mentioned up above that English isn't your first language, right? I totally get how it sounds like "erasing history", but this one really is just a miscommunication. At least where I'm from, "we all" is usually understood to refer to the group as a whole, not every individual.

Maybe the lesson here is to be more mindful when choosing idioms for an international audience...

Does the wiki support comments? <!-- The wiki staff have decided this comment is funny and harmless. Please don't delete it. --> (or whatever syntax) should address the problem of people thinking it's vandalism, if its possible.

Mobius:
AFAIK there's no dedicated syntax for jokes so you could theoretically add [this is a joke, don't take it seriously!] right before/after the joke itself. I guess doing so would not violate any of the Wiki policies or rules.

Colonol Dekker:
I don't care about the long term storage of the screenshot I just took.

I don't really know the song off the top of my head but there is zero way that last line is offending anyone, new, old, informed, uninformed.

Please can we lock it off and move on 😂😂😂😂

[attachment deleted to save space]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version