Author Topic: Babylon 5 turret 21 bug  (Read 2621 times)

Babylon 5 turret 21 bug
I noticed on the station, turret 21 has a very weird firing angle. It will only shoot at stuff thats directly left or right of the turret, up and behind (meaning it shoots at stuff thats inside the station). It seems like to me that the turret's firing arc is backwards, i would think it would be left to right, down and straight ahead, sort of guarding the docking bay. Is there any way I can easily fix this or will i need to get a 3d editing software and fix it there?

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Re: Babylon 5 turret 21 bug
no  :p
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

:( :( :( :(

I would think you'd be able to fix it easily enough with PCS2. If there is in fact some sort of problem with it.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Any fix that you do would result in a model that is incompatible with the official TBP release. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
That is true and the model has about a bazillion other turrets so don't worry about it.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Daeron

• The guy playing with a mouse
Sounds like a job for Bo and Mack.
Yarrrr! there be ony two ranks of leader amongst us pirates! Captain and if your really notorious then it’s Cap’n!

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Sounds like a job for Bo and Mack.

:nod:

if it was any other turret I wouldn't sweat it but its the only one protecting the docking bay =p and it totally throws a kink in my mission planningz!  srsly tho, if i can fix it with out screwing up the whole thing jes tell meh how and i'll do it muh self. Unless... you were so inclined to make an update patch =D

edit:

on another serious note... the station itself is really lacking in defense on its lower portion... all the turrets are mid lvl and higher, there arent any on the bottom... theres what a 100 turret limit? IF you do look into fixing that one turret, care to throw on some more while you're at it? Just a humble request =D i was thinking opposite positions of the ones on the wing like protrusions and one or two near the front section below the docking bay (on the non rotating part of course)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 09:02:34 pm by Vertigo 7 »

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
TBP 3.4b Final is final. No more changes will be made.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.