Author Topic: UX Accelerator in 'One Future'  (Read 3788 times)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
UX Accelerator in 'One Future'
I've been playing around with this mission a little more - picking a choosing what I destroy, etc. When I try to use the antimatter gun, however, I find that the delay between salvos doesn't just make its effectiveness lower than the gattler - it actually makes the weapon useless. Is burst_delay multiplicative between banks? Was this intended in this mission?

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
Re: UX Accelerator in 'One Future'
I've found it's energy consumption to be ridiculous. Combined with the slow firing rate, the UX isn't really worth using on the Custos-X.

Seriously, the first I tried the UX on the Vindicator, when I fired it drained something like 37% of the entire weapons energy bar.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
You can put the UX on the Custos!? Whoa.

Offline Aesaar

Didn't use it because I find the Gattler too useful in shooting down the Morena's torpedoes.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
if you guys are in fact talking about the arbiquetus (or however the f you spell that) and not the UX (the one for the stealth fighters), then it's usefulness lies primarily in it's subsystem/turret sniping abilities (provided the target isn't maneuvering, the autoaim actually FORCES you to miss in such cases.)
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Arpit

Yup they are most probably talking about the Arquebus. They are only three primary loadouts : Arquebus, Gattler and Scalpel (what the hell?). There is no UX Accelerator available. The Arquebus is ONLY useful for subsystem/turret sniping abilities at a range of 4000m as you said.(After all its a mini-gauss cannon)

No. you can definitely load the UX into the Custos-X gattler bank, and it is pretty terrible.

ghettoscreencapcauseIcan'ttakenormaloneswithoutusingthescript
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Offline Arpit

Well then.......

You can put the UX on the Custos!? Whoa.

:p

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Arquebus works pretty well against fighters at range too. :pimp:
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline QuakeIV

• test
Arquebus works pretty well against fighters at range too. :pimp:

Thats mainly what I use it for, its pretty much the only thing its aim correction works on instead of forcing me to miss every time.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i guess, but the gattler can pretty much obliterate the entire wing in 2 seconds if you have auto target on.

Offline QuakeIV

• test
I could never weld through their shields fast enough before they got out of my line of fire.

Perhaps different difficulty?

Offline Arpit

I could never weld through their shields fast enough before they got out of my line of fire.

Perhaps different difficulty?

Try this then:

Give Aquarius wing a Hotkey.

Now target Aquarius 1 and fire Arquebus one time (Do not destroy it). Target Aquarius 2 and fire Arquebus one time. Do the same with Aquarius 3 (Don't destroy any fighter). Then again fire on Aquarius 1 and destroy it.(It will just take one shot to snipe it). Do this with other two fighters too. The trick is not continuosly fire on one target.

If this doesn't work for you, then, hell me because it works for me on Insane. :)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
That's actually a really inefficient way of doing it. You are much better off scoring a kill on the closest fighter and working your way back - this reduces your seek time and also reduces the enemies firepower more quickly. Leaving injured fighters just leaves more guns on you for longer.

Offline Arpit

That's actually a really inefficient way of doing it. You are much better off scoring a kill on the closest fighter and working your way back - this reduces your seek time and also reduces the enemies firepower more quickly. Leaving injured fighters just leaves more guns on you for longer.

No, I meant to snipe them at long range.(something at 4000m) The method you said is to be followed using Gattlers when they are within their own firing range.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Still totally applies - there is no advantage to switching targets before a kill is achieved.

Offline Arpit

Then try this mission on Insane and see how you get frustated as they evade your fire. (No offense to you, BTW)

I don't know, I usually manage to frag them all before they close into gun range. If there's a survivor, the darts usually force him to evade while I focus back on whatever the McDuff is doing.

Offline Arpit

Well, yeah, darts are pretty good against them, however I keep missile launchers set to Warhammers so that I can remove Macduff from picture quickly before it toasts me to death with its VLS torpedoes(Ouster) and Mass Drivers. (The Mass drivers seem to pierce my shields and give about 2% damage.)

Anyways lets not change the direction of the topic to my gameplay.

:warp:

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i find the warhammers kinda useless since you can't target them at specific subsystems or turrets.  you'll NEVER achieve a MacDuff kill by hulling it (unless you have already handled the asteroid and are doing it that way for giggles).  the only real solid use i've found for them is locking them onto a cruiser if they are present.