Author Topic: Darkest Lag Time  (Read 1412 times)

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
So, with the new BP eksclusive builds, I seem to have discovered an unfortunate side effect: while replaying the 1st half of the campaign, everything stutters like hell. Darkest hour suffers terribly from this. Even looking at things, before the shooting even "starts", slows down everything. Shadows or the new light system seem likely culprits.

PS: To whoever though replacing the Maul's SFX with the one from Star Trek Elite Forces 2's Federation shotgun secondary fire, you picked the most obnoxious sound I've ever heard. That is all.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Have you tried turning down the in-game lighting settings?
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline An4ximandros

Turned everything off. It still stuttered heavily. However, I noticed that almost all of the stuttering seems to happen when having the Kumari and the Bretonias in view.

Kept playing despite this; it seems Corvus wing now "crashes" the game, something's wrong with them when they open fire. "Warnings, sir. Zillions of 'em"

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
OK - time for the log :)  (see my sig for details)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline An4ximandros

Too long for code insertion, so I add it as an attachment. Hope this is it, It always crashes when I break into debugger. :blah:

[attachment deleted by ninja]

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
You can only use the "Break into debug" function if you have MS Visual Studio installed, a checkout of the source code used to compile the build and the PDBs that go with it.

That being said, this should only be a warning, the game should be able to power through it in release builds....
Also, is there any chance at all for you to upgrade your GPU to something faster?
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline An4ximandros

Alas, not for months. So far however, this seems to be the only mission giving me trouble. Everything in Act 3, I had no problems running (which is curious considering the Kumari and the Bretonia are used there as well.)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Considering some of the epic battles that occur in Act 3, that indeed sounds strange.