Author Topic: nukemod sources dump [ancient]  (Read 5788 times)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
nukemod sources dump [ancient]
contrary to popular belief i am not dead, unfortunately.

i was doing some drive cleanup moving old stuff into long term storage. did a dump of all my old mods and sources for stuff i did. anyway its old and idk what the curent state of it was when i abandoned work on it. or the state the scp is or if any of this stuff is useful or will even work. probably the most useful stuff is all my model/texture sources. but i found a lot of lua stuff as well. i packed it into a 1gig 7zip and uploaded it to my google drive. as usual all my **** is public domain (and if theres anything thats not mine in there, my bad). glhf.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lU_hlo5dMQTm2p4bBL3kwrxdmyKJfDjh/view?usp=sharing

obligatory: nuke all the things!

I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Re: nukemod sources dump [ancient]
I'll take a look at it~

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Nuke, I for one am glad that you're not dead. Good to hear from you again.

:D
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Hail brother GD mod.
 :yes:

Is this a rerelease of the original?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
you still kick around these parts dekker? wow. goood to see you again.

it contains the most recent state that nukemod was in when i last worked on it, which feels like eons ago. i also got a lot of other mod folders for scripting experiments i did, many were unreleased and worked with varying degrees of success. for reference the currently installed versions of scp in my freespace folder are 3.6.13-3.7.0.

the model sources are the interesting part. unflattened nukemod textures, my source models, etc. if you wanted to use my stuff but cant because something is broke or can be done in a better way and you don't have the source models to fix it.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
 :yes:

Yeah I pop on daily/when possible.

Have you tried Knossos yet? (The launcher.)

Its fantastic.

Someone here will definitely find a use for these source materials. 

Glad you're still kicking.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i haven't ran freespace in years.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
i haven't ran freespace in years.

Shame on you, but good that you're still alive ;)
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
did anyone ever do anything with the archive?

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I just realized that it actually exist and I'm certainly interested in taking a look :].
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Hi Nuke *moderator brofistbump*
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

I'll take a look at it~

Done. As chief-archivist of this site I DLed it and looked through it. It took me forever to get through everything. Stuff I remember is:

-I updated a number of the NukeMod files in my archives with the sources as the DDS/TGA files suffered from compression artifacts, also some files but I cant really tell anymore what was replaced. As I haven't re-released my Effects/ShipsDB the updated versions are only on my HDD atm.

-Perhabs I can find a home for the Mars-landscape thing which is IIRC the highest detailed landscape model in POF format but thats a maybe at this point.

-I think most of the LUA scripts are broken due to script decay that has a number of them die everytime something in the engine is changed (admitted, I havent tested them bc it took me already that long to get through with the other files, but they're 2009/10ish so it's highly unlikely they still work). It's extreme unfortunate that they were never released or better, hardcoded into the engine in the first place. A number of the features look pretty amazing and in retrospective if they had been put into FSO or just made public at that point (and maintained by somebody else) I think a number of campaigns would've used them.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
the mars terrain thing was just slapped together with some heightmaps downloaded from some nasa repo (they may have been updated with better data since then as there has been a number of mars robots). i wanted to come up with some scripts to convert the entire planet to pof tiles. but my physics engine suffered the wiggles and it wouldn't have served any actual use under the freespace engine. figured id be better off doing that in my own game engine, which frankly i haven't worked on since kerbal came out (i messed around with collision detection algorithms a couple years ago).

those scrips probibly dont work unless you find a really old build. most of the experimental stuff ran on vanilla to try and minimize mod conflicts. many of those were features that would have become part of nukemod eventually had i continued working on it. you might have an archive of old builds somewhere. my freespace folder still exists in my data partition. i was going to put it in a 7-zip for long term storage and inevitable bit rot, but i recently found myself with four terabytes of nvme storage and didnt bother. anyway i have scp versions 3.6.13, 3.6.14, 3.6.15 and 3.7.0 in there, so they might work with some of those. i know various mod teams asked for bits and pieces over the years. whether or not they found a way to maintain those, i dont know.

i dont think there was any hope of nukemod ever coming out. it was way too ambitious and the mod team (aka the voices in my head) was very unreliable. they kept getting into arguments about how much brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt the mod should have in it and whether or not i should include more kitten pictures. and they all like weed except for the one who likes uppers, we dont let him out anymore since the incident with the 8-ball. not to mention there were some major holes in my skillset. i was never very good at fred, or character modeling, or writing, or sourcing amphetamines.

Hi Nuke *moderator brofistbump*

howdy again. still hanging around this neck of the woods. i mostly stay off the internet these days. somehow despite all the voices in my head, spirits in my blood stream and thc in my lungs, the world still managed to out-crazy me. i was never good at reaching life goals.

Nuke's Scripting SVN