Author Topic: Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging  (Read 98624 times)

Offline redmagejoe

• Rage Mage of Ill Fated Gaming
    • Steam
Re: Props to Passionate Community + Shameless Stream Plugging

Finally got timestamps up on Blighted. Huge thanks to Mito for all the work. I had to trim down and rearrange some things because of the 5000 character limit on YouTube descriptions, but I think it worked out. I have a few more batches of Mito's timestamps for videos to put up, but time is limited even before Monday. Please bear with me.

This was almost as much fun to rewatch (in almost its entirety) as it was to play. I really should do more Blighted mini-streams.
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Available for Voice Acting work!
Email me: [email protected]
Steam me: redmagejoe

Offline CT27

Some minor bad news:  The new MVPs release (4.6.6) causes problems with fighting Osiris bombers on FSO 22.0 (in short, hull shots rarely register). 

I can't really say this without spoilers so I'll try to minimize them...you fight Vasudans at least once in TBG (though I won't say the plot reasons why).  So this could cause problems. 

However, a silver lining I found is that I tried 22.2 RC8 (with MVPs 4.6.6)...and that fixed the problem.

So for TBG we have three choices:

1-Play TBG using the previous version of MVPs (4.6.5) with FSO 22.0 (I don't know about this since you usually like to use the newest stuff)

2-Play TBG with MVPs 4.6.6 and FSO 22.2 RC8 (I would do another test run with this) (I think you've said in the past you don't like nightlies but how do you feel about RCs?)

3-Play TBG with current MVPs (4.6.6) and FSO 22.2 official (I would do another test run with this)

If it's option #2 or #3, let me know which one and I'll do another test playthrough of TBG to make sure that even though the Osiris issue is fixed...that there aren't other new problems.

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
22.2 Stable is out, so go ahead and try that test environment. I don't intend to upgrade to any nightlies or RCs at this time, so find a version of MVPs that work on 22.2 stable and I'll use that.
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
I hope people will come out to see Kehra tomorrow! She promises a big surprise that she won't even tell me, so maybe I've finally convinced her to start her VTuber career or something. Let's come give her lots of support, yeah?

Also, a reminder that this Sunday I won't be doing FreeSpace, but will be taking a breather to stream a different game. I promise I'll come right back to FreeSpace after this little reprieve, and I hope you'll all still come out and support the channel!

Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
I don't know if the newest or latest MVPS will have an impact visually since TBG rarely uses MVPS assets. Practically, TBG uses its own assets (models) except for Shivan assets, the Deimos, and some Vasudan bombers... and the support ship.

EDIT: I recommend using  FSO 22.0 and MVPS 4.6.5.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2022, 08:48:30 pm by herkie423 »

Offline CT27

I don't know if the newest or latest MVPS will have an impact visually since TBG rarely uses MVPS assets. Practically, TBG uses its own assets (models) except for Shivan assets, the Deimos, and some Vasudan bombers... and the support ship.

EDIT: I recommend using  FSO 22.0 and MVPS 4.6.5.

I don't know if he's saved that stuff though.  That is an option though, admittedly.

I have tested TBG on MVPs 4.6.6 and FSO 22.2 official up through Solar Eclipse pt. 2 though...so far, no gamebreaking errors.  The newest MVPs (4.6.6) do break some of the Vasudan ships on 22.0 so like I told Joe earlier in this thread he has two options (4.6.5/22.0 or 4.6.6/22.2).  He has said he wants to use 22.2 stable.

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Good morning HLP! Even though it's not FreeSpace today, it would still mean the world to me if as many of you as possible could come out and chat with me. I've taken steps to make the streams much more interactive, even for when we resume FreeSpace content, and getting to connect with all of you each week is a joy for me. Hope to catch you on stream!
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline CT27

RMJ, some good news:

I did a playthrough of TBG on MVPs 4.6.6 and FSO 22.2 officlal, and I didn't see any gamebreaking errors.

I'll send you a writeup in a couple months or so when it gets closer.

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
RMJ, some good news:

I did a playthrough of TBG on MVPs 4.6.6 and FSO 22.2 officlal, and I didn't see any gamebreaking errors.

CT, how's the difficulty compared to the TBG version 3 years ago? Is the Serapis Mark 2 fighter still giving hell? Just need to know if I need to adjust it. 😊

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I've also set October stream slots aside for horror games (F.E.A.R., Amnesia: The Dark Descent, SOMA).

I actually nearly forgot I meant to reply to this *dooh*

I don't think SOMA is a game for you to be streaming -- SOMA ... makes you pretty uncomfortable with implications of some of things you are doing. I think it is a game best enjoyed with the time to meditate of that discomfort and lends itself poorly to interaction with the an audience at same time.

A:DD on the other hand, I would really recommend to play with an audience, because in later stage of the game the atmosphere can be ... oppressive (I never finished this game because never quite could bring myself to progress because I got to a point where I honestly when "I live in this hole now, and that's my best life") and to get over that, going out an quipping with an audience might work.

I also would recommend that you give Othercide a look if you are in for some comsic horror-eque game. I know X-Com-likes might be a bit outside your wheelhouse... but it is really good. (except maybe for the unexplicable, impractiable footware  :lol:)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 04:47:34 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline CT27

RMJ, some good news:

CT, how's the difficulty compared to the TBG version 3 years ago? Is the Serapis Mark 2 fighter still giving hell? Just need to know if I need to adjust it. 😊

I answered this on FB but I'll answer it here too:  It's a lot better than it was in the initial release (it has less health than it did originally) but another small health reduction wouldn't hurt IMO. 

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
Hey, Joe.

Please send me the links of you Final Fantasy streams. I want to view and download them. I played FF 1 to 7 in PSone (it was not PSone  then but Playstation back then year 1998 and onwards).

And link for War Machine, and Battle of Neptune.

You see I can only view these great mods and not play it since I still can't get to play the latest FSOs and MVPS until I buy a new PC and have a proper Internet-PC connection. I am poor, bro, and the latest computer parts in my city are expensive. The RTX 3080ti is 95,000 pesos (1,900 dollars). The AMD Ryzen 9 is not cheap. I already bought the Aorus x570 Aqua.

Offline CT27

I'm no tech expert Herkie, but I don't think you would need a major high end card like the 3080 to play FS stuff (or the Ryzen 9).  You could probably do very well on a 3060 with Ryzen 7 even.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I play on a GTX 1660ti laptop.  Zero issues.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Got a good idea where tomorrow's stream will put me, in which case we're making a good pace. Looking forward to everyone that can show for tomorrow's stream. I depend on all of you giving me things beyond just the game to talk about, so please don't be shy about throwing FreeSpace, Final Fantasy, gaming in general, or really just about anything at me during the streams. I'm there to vibe with you guys, so don't be afraid to engage me.

Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline CT27

Got a good idea where tomorrow's stream will put me, in which case we're making a good pace. Looking forward to everyone that can show for tomorrow's stream. I depend on all of you giving me things beyond just the game to talk about, so please don't be shy about throwing FreeSpace, Final Fantasy, gaming in general, or really just about anything at me during the streams. I'm there to vibe with you guys, so don't be afraid to engage me.

As long as it stays civil (I've seen this topic get heated on some other gaming sites)...could we debate which FF7 (original or Remake) was better?  :D

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
Of course, but as someone who has OPINIONS on the Remake (and just watched an hour+ long video from someone with MUCH STRONGER OPINIONS on the topic), I can't promise I won't rant a little as someone who really just wanted a 1:1 remake. I won't deny the remake was more fun to play,  but narratively... Anyway, for tomorrow.

Oh, also Solar of IFG will be sitting in with me, so those of you who have watched any of our old YouTube content (namely the VVVVVV Let's Play), be nice and make him feel welcome. Not that he won't be a handful himself. :P
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline CT27

Out of curiosity, have you ever watched TeamFourStar's Youtube series FF7: Abridged?

Offline redmagejoe

• Steam
I haven't but if the writing is as good as their Dragonball stuff, I'll bet it's phenomenal. I'll start watching it after the stream.
Ill Fated Gaming YouTube

Offline herkie423

• Plunge into the chaos!
I'm no tech expert Herkie, but I don't think you would need a major high end card like the 3080 to play FS stuff (or the Ryzen 9).  You could probably do very well on a 3060 with Ryzen 7 even.

Yeah, I'll settle for RTX 3060/Ryzen 7. They are cheaper like half the cost.