Author Topic: From: Azureus <[email protected]> You are banned!! <BtRL>  (Read 6075 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: From: Azureus <[email protected]> You are banned!! <BtRL>
Rather than *****ing about it to us, why don't you just write them a letter and see what happened?
Hi, can you please specify what rule I broke more than Reason: Other Comment: No?  The game engine is open-source and the content fan-created.  I am confused.  If you need more info, please tell me.

-Josh

----- Original Message ----
To: _______________@yahoo_com
Sent: Wednesday, May 2, 2007 9:09:13 PM
Subject: You are banned!!

Dear jr02,
<snip>

Regards,

- The Azureus Team

Hi-def theater. Millions of views.

--------------------------------------------------
(c)2007 Azureus Inc. All Rights Reserved.
471 Emerson Street, Palo Alto, CA 94301
Visit us at http://www.vuze.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get your own web address.
Have a HUGE year through Yahoo! Small Business.

Try reading it the e-mail, n00b. lol <sorry, couldn't resist, seeing your custom title.  I know your not a n00b.>  You guys are starting to get under my skin, though.  Do I look stupid?  Don't answer that.  However, I've already tried to contact them (no response), they didn't ever try to contact me first to resolve this issue, and yes, I checked their FAQ, and found that Video Games were permissible before I uploaded.  (I actually wanted to upload before, but wasn't sure that it was allowed.)  So, I did my homework.  And I guess it doesn't pay off.  Oh, well...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 01:55:58 am by jr2 »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
That FAQ seems to be the only place they mention video games. It could just be old. Do they actually link to your content anywhere?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Centrixo

right. so let me get this straight.

You got banned for uploading a computer game mod on to Vuse, BUT you uploaded others? So now you banned because in one of these Rules of conduct or legal mombo jumbo, and there is a rule that clearly defining that your not allowed to upload what??? Picture of paint smacked up against a sheet of paper? a dead ant?

I wish they made this stuff more understandable, forget slapping Sizzler or Mefustae. Get a frying pan and smack the idoit who created legal mumbo jumbo, then throw a brick at the guy who created rules on azuerus and made it stupid.

i guess you got caught out somewhere in the middle. no mans land.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
That FAQ seems to be the only place they mention video games. It could just be old. Do they actually link to your content anywhere?

right. so let me get this straight.

You got banned for uploading a computer game mod on to Vuse, BUT you uploaded others? So now you banned because in one of these Rules of conduct or legal mombo jumbo, and there is a rule that clearly defining that your not allowed to upload what??? Picture of paint smacked up against a sheet of paper? a dead ant?

I wish they made this stuff more understandable, forget slapping Sizzler or Mefustae. Get a frying pan and smack the idoit who created legal mumbo jumbo, then throw a brick at the guy who created rules on azuerus and made it stupid.

i guess you got caught out somewhere in the middle. no mans land.

Prolly true... I just didn't quite like being told that it was all my fault and that (implied) I'm a n00b.

EDIT: BTW,

« Last Edit: May 07, 2007, 01:47:52 pm by jr2 »

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey hold on you can actualy view BSG for free? Where from where more exactly??
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

personally, i prefer to stay away from torrents entirely. last time i tried, i got screwed for copy right infiringement

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Hey hold on you can actualy view BSG for free? Where from where more exactly??

No, the FS TC mod BattleStar Galactica: Beyond the Red Line is free.

personally, i prefer to stay away from torrents entirely. last time i tried, i got screwed for copy right infiringement

Ah, as long as you only get known free stuff, or stuff that you already own, you should be alright.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 01:10:04 am by jr2 »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I notice that all the mods that survived are in the category movie not game and have been assigned a running time.

I'm still pretty convinced that this is a movie site and they just haven't caught on to the other stuff you uploaded yet.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Hmm, well, if that's the case, they need to update their FAQ.  The reason that I didn't put anything in the category "Games", is that it is not available.  I thought it was just a bug (they changed from Azureus Zudeo to Azureus VUZE about that time) that they would eventually fix.  BtRL was set as movie too... as I said, you can only pick "Audio" and "Movie".  Hmm, besides, the BtRL soundtrack was set as "Audio", and they pulled that.  Not to mention, kkrieger was around #10 on "What's Hot" at one time.  No, I think they are aware, and that they are afraid of the BSG producers.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Er...is there a reason you necroed this thread to quote previous posts?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Ummm... frak.  Wrong button.  I meant to modify my e-mail out, because it's getting spammed.  I'll remove that post.

EDIT: UT, are you a mod?  If so, I need a favor.