Author Topic: Major features I'm working on  (Read 18010 times)

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Re: Major features I'm working on
Wtf, Really guys? Take this crap out of this thread.
lawl n00b, who u tink u ar3?
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
It's not that difficult to spot even with the low resolution, the ships move extremely fast so the indicator has wide spacing.

It was actually impossible to spot until I put the video in full screen mode. I don't usually watch flash video in fullscreen. The artifacting from the extreme compressions usually used is impossible to stand at my screen resolution. In any case, I'm curious as to why an all scripted HUD would affect auto-aim.

it does effect things like aspect missile lock. code to control this kinda thing runs when the hud is being drawn. so if your scripting hook overrides that code, then you wont be able to attain lock. i dont know why autoaim solutions would be handled in the hud code (it kinda makes sense for the missile lock) and theres no indication of the autoaim on the hud last i looked. a good feature would be to set up an indexer in lua so your script can iterate through the current set of gauges currently being used to get a gauge handle. then through that handle let you toggle certain gauges on or off or change other settings for those gauges. this would also provide a means of access to information about any custom gauge whos behavior you would implement through scripting. throw on hooks for "on gauge init", "on gauge frame", and "on gauge uninit" and i think we would be set.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 02:10:32 am by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline CaptJosh

Interesting. So an all scripted HUD disables aspect lock on missiles because the scripting disables the HUD portion that the missile lock works with. I hope that's already in Mantis. Seems like a serious bug.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Interesting. So an all scripted HUD disables aspect lock on missiles because the scripting disables the HUD portion that the missile lock works with. I hope that's already in Mantis. Seems like a serious bug.

id rather fix it with a feature than try to separate it out of the hud code. make it so you can disable parts of the hud as needed instead of a complete override. then you can keep the aspect lock gauge and any other gauges you want to keep, and disable gauges you plan to replace. you can still script in a few targeting schemes in its place if you want an entirely different lock behavior.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline CaptJosh

Well, yes, we need that as well. Still, there ought to be a way for everything to work right for someone who wants to replace the entire HUD because none of it properly matches the desired behavior.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Quanto

• Permanent Nostalgia Goggles
Well, yes, we need that as well. Still, there ought to be a way for everything to work right for someone who wants to replace the entire HUD because none of it properly matches the desired behavior.
+1
00:41:58 <DarthGeek>: I might do it, I need to build a reputation of someone who doesn't suffer fools
(DarthGeek on: "Relentless")

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
just the way aspect lock works is a very 2d operation in screen space which is why its coded into the hud instead of somewhere else. so instead of flipping the override switch and rewriting the whole hud from scratch, make it possible to turn off the things youre replacing and keep the things youre not. way i figure it, instead of not using the aspect gauge, it should be fairly simple to re-skin the aspect lock gauge to match your custom hud gauges configuration and use that. re-writing the gauge in script would likely offer very little. still better script control over missile lock would be a good thing to have.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 03:05:22 am by Nuke »

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I believe it has recently become possible to disable certain HUD gauges... so using that and leaving +override: false, it ought to be possible to have both scripted HUD and the missile lock feature...

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
im still deving in 3.6.12 builds because they still have stable rtt. but should look at some of those new features and see what they can do. i had considered setting up a base hud in the hud_gauges.tbl and overlaying my gauges on top of it.

Nuke's Scripting SVN