Author Topic: FIX - Karunas self-destructing, making some missions unplayable  (Read 12167 times)

Re: FIX - Karunas self-destructing, making some missions unplayable
Yes, Valathil is trying to get glowpoint lighting in tables instead of .pof files.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Darius

« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 12:17:13 pm by Darius »

Darius:

That model doesn't have a fighter bay--am I confused or is that an actual error?

EDIT: I mean physically; it has the subsystem and--thankfully--in a place you can actually reach/get to. If it was done for optimization/performance reasons, I've no complaints. Just curious.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 08:55:30 am by SaltyWaffles »
Delenda Est delenda est.

(Yay gratuitous Latin.)

Offline Aesaar

There's just a door in the way.

There's just a door in the way.

Is that intentional? And inside/past the door, there is other detail/geometry missing from the figherbay that was there in previous versions.

EDIT: Okay, did the nameplate/eagle texture extract and copy trick, and it seems to be working well again...except one thing has me worried. I played Collateral Damage with the updated model, and this time the Akula was destroyed well before the Regensburg and Cardinal were driven off by the Ranvir. Is it killing itself with its torps again?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 05:42:57 pm by SaltyWaffles »
Delenda Est delenda est.

(Yay gratuitous Latin.)

Most of the subobjects have a radius of 0 or close to that, which is what's causing the issue.  Open up KarunaMk1.pof in PCS2, select each subobject, and reset max radius.

EDIT: I've taken the liberty of uploading a fixed version.
Oh CRAP. That file was deleted. Uhhhh... help?

Offline Aesaar

Use the link in the first post.

Yeah, the currently-linked model is the fixed one the team are using for WiH2 development.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Recently did a casual playthrough of DE with the current model, and the Katana and AO (especially the Katana) seem to die awfully quickly, even when beam cannons are promptly disabled. I'll do a closer look soon, but just thought I'd see if it was just me...
Delenda Est delenda est.

(Yay gratuitous Latin.)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
No, I don't think it is. I gave them some extra armor on SVN. They seem to get really chewed up by flak baths/fusion mortars.

No, I don't think it is. I gave them some extra armor on SVN. They seem to get really chewed up by flak baths/fusion mortars.

I thought flak does minimal damage to ships with BP's Heavy Armor? For the fusion mortars--aren't there only two Leviathan's in DE? One of which is (IIRC) slightly behind the Carthage, to boot. With only a 2000 meter range and a100 m/s velocity, could it really be doing that much damage?
Delenda Est delenda est.

(Yay gratuitous Latin.)

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page

I thought flak does minimal damage to ships with BP's Heavy Armor? For the fusion mortars--aren't there only two Leviathan's in DE? One of which is (IIRC) slightly behind the Carthage, to boot. With only a 2000 meter range and a 100 m/s velocity, could it really be doing that much damage?

I've seen the Systema get a reported kill on the Katana quite a bit even after the maddening disarming phase (when they say "push the attack!") then I get a "crap, we lost the Katana!" and had to start over from that about six times.
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

I thought flak does minimal damage to ships with BP's Heavy Armor? For the fusion mortars--aren't there only two Leviathan's in DE? One of which is (IIRC) slightly behind the Carthage, to boot. With only a 2000 meter range and a100 m/s velocity, could it really be doing that much damage?

Thanks for your thoughts, man, my empirical testing must have been completely deceiving me.

Thanks for your thoughts, man, my empirical testing must have been completely deceiving me.

No...I'm sorry if I misconveyed my question, but I was asking how (based on your knowledge/empirical testing/experience) that outcome occurs in spite of the fusion mortar's range/speed/prevalence issues, along with the (possibly mistaken, so if I'm wrong by all means correct me, please) flak damage reduction to Heavy Armor. I wasn't trying to imply that it doesn't happen--just that I was confused as to how it actually does happen.

Also:
  The UEF's worst nightmare: Bringing back the Fenris swarm, supported by kamikaze Atens. :D
Delenda Est delenda est.

(Yay gratuitous Latin.)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I'm pretty sure heavy armor has no special modifiers vs flak, it's just got a universal reduction on spawn weapon damage (like Slammer children).

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Think we can unpin this

yeah probably
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.