Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 573460 times)

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I think the interconnectedness is more of a case of so many people in such a small area running into each others mines. That said, no-one really owns the underwater base, I just built it one day, feel free to expand and build under there. :)

How do you even get in there? I'd hook it up to my mansion but I don't want to wind up under the lake but next to it.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
The current entrance is through my house, so, yeah, it is quite difficult to get into. :/
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
You can get in through the mines that connect to mine under the sandy dome. Or you can get to it through the mines under the sandstone palace with lots of glass. A large portion of the underwater base is below the ship.

And none of the above is very direct. :lol:

Offline Shade

Valley-Lagoon rail link is now complete, with both directions working and two intermediary stations, both with their own braking and launch systems :D I can't take all the credit though - rhx123 did the majority of the return track.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
I'm lost in some awesome cave with a lightstone spiral.  Oh, and I accidentally got a boat spat at me, so sorry to whoever owned that.
EDIT:  found the stairs.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 09:53:05 pm by Retsof »
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Why peaceful mode? Now my wolf really is gone. :(
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Shade

Huh? I've still seen wolves roaming the countryside even during peaceful mode. I didn't know tamed wolves were treated differently.

Anyway, I believe it's an emergency measure as creeper explosions were tearing things down faster than they were going up. rhx123 was looking for a server mod to disable their ability to damage terrain, and until that's in, he set it to peaceful. I can't say I disagree, I was getting tired of fixing holes. Now if you ask me though, I'd say we need a server mod to stop lightning from causing fires too - Those have done some major damage recently, even to such server landmarks as the Tree of Mana and the Pirate Ship.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Peaceful doesn't affect wolves. At one time I had 3, but 2 disappeared and 3rd isn't always home. Wolves are unpredictable to say the least. I think they even teleport if you're under attack.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Lightning would kill my trollface D:
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
for anyone interested, i be running a server,  offline auth, some small bukkit mods (AuthMe, Firecontrol, Seats, Humiliation)

link: vrganjko.no-ip.org:25565

so anyone with a client can play, you have to register your name when you first play with your nick on my server, using the /register command. every next time you login with the same name, you have to use /login <pass> , otherwise, you wont be able to do a thing. you'll also be kicked after 2 minutes of not registering/logging in.

this is purely to prevent nickname grabbing.

Please dont be dicks to people, and play nice with each others stuff. Once anyone gets on the server.

Regulars so far are only me and my girlfriend, with some small stuff done by Kyad and Lester.

No chest protections as such since its not a problem. (yet. if it becomes a problem, there'll be changes.)

Cheers and have a good one if you decide to join us :)

Also, some pics....

Most of what you can see on these three pictures is stuff made by yours truly and my gf. there was some stuff KyadCK made, but that got removed since it looked so damn out of place :(
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 05:52:57 pm by pecenipicek »
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
 I just finished building a gladitorial arena.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I saw it, pretty awesome, though kinda useless in peaceful mode. I lost all my iron tools when I dropped into one of the lava pits, but then I went mining in a cavern near your place and gained almost 2 stacks of iron.

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
Is anybody missing netherrack and stairs or had their farms destroyed and chests rifled through?

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Venicius, you can protect chests and doors using /cprivate (I think), if you want to go on the server now, I'll see if I can help at all.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Is anybody missing netherrack and stairs or had their farms destroyed and chests rifled through?

Someone broke the the glass of my sandstone home, but all my chests were protected, so they didn't get ****.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Shade

Ugh, so the server was finally graced by a less-than-pleasant visitor? Not cool. If you lost anything not easily replaced, please say so - I'd gladly help and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Gonna have to log in and check my own stuff, too.

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
They stole the netherrack right out of my fireplaces... :(

...and broke some glass, ate a cake, demolished my wheat field, burned the trees down in the arboritum, and stole a bed.  I guess I'll just have to start locking everthing now.  Major bummer.

Offline Shade

No damage out at the lagoon it seems. Guess that's a perk of living out in the boonies. Just hollar if you need help rebuilding anything.

Unfortunately, locking doesn't help - WarhogDriver's flashy floor was sabotaged despite his locked door. They broke a window to get in.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Right, I've blacklisted unfamiliar usernames that have been online in the last 24 hours, any problems, just give me a shout. There's always the option of using whitelisting rather than blacklisting, but I wouldn't want to impose restrictions on people who just want to join and start building.
Ill see what I can do.

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
And I have run into the Minecrafter's dilemma.  Tonnes of cobble and no idea what to build.
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.