Author Topic: What's Fury AI?  (Read 2957 times)

Offline NickM

Gang,

Title says it all; I have seen numerous reference in some of the games I've watched to a 'Fury AI', but I have no idea what that is (what a surprise, eh?). I gather it's some sort of enhancement for Freespace's AI but that's only a wild ass guess on my part.

Can anybody provide me with an explanation or even a linky to this subject?

Thanks ahead of time.

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
To my knowledge, "Fury AI" is a preset configuration to the AI table, The game engine is capable of having AI that is smarter/different then the AI ships are in the retail game, there are now a ton of table settings to adjust the AI in very specific ways, but these are all off by default, (and very complicated to fiddle with) a user named Fury made a set of preset AI settings that are meant to be a harder-more intelligent version of the regular Freespace AI.

Fury AI makes fighters more aggressive, better at saving and using ammo, and better about using certain weapons in situations where they are more useful. However it can also cause the AI to bump into things more.

In theory there are many more ways to configure the AI, but most mods that change the AI just use Fury's preset.

I Think this is the correct explanation. Sorry if I got anything wrong.
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

Offline NickM

Hey, DefCynodont! 'Filthy Disgusting Ape' says thank you.

Now this AI: Do you know where it can be found and how it can be 'added'? Not that I even have the slightest idea how to do this... :-)

See you again when Joe flies another Freespace campaign.

NM

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Hey, DefCynodont! 'Filthy Disgusting Ape' says thank you.

Now this AI: Do you know where it can be found and how it can be 'added'? Not that I even have the slightest idea how to do this... :-)

See you again when Joe flies another Freespace campaign.

NM

The Fury AI was originally developed for Blue Planet: War in Heaven; extracting it from that mod is as simple as copying its ai_profiles.tbl. Using it in other mods or campaigns requires editing the missions to use the new AI profiles and classes defined in the table.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
There is a stand alone release, if you want to skip downloading a huge mod for small files

https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=76330.msg1660978#msg1660978
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."