Author Topic: My Ultimate Orion :D  (Read 7173 times)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Originally posted by Anaz
I'm going to need some less-dramatically lit shots to make a judgement about its shape.

Would this do?
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Looks good, although a little.. I dunno... busy. I think I'd have to see it in-game. Still, not bad work. :yes:
I am a revolutionary.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
GE, I've got a question.  If I ever figure out a good way to do a blue-backgrounded girder box (I think I'm close now, but I haven't finished the implimentation), would you mind if I released a tweaked version?  There are a couple of (VERY) minor things I'd like to change, such as switching the direction of the runway blinkers to their canonical direction, as well as making my normal hex-hack check on all of its properties.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!
    • http://www.google.com/search?q=404error.com
Hex-hack check?
[I am not really here. This post is entirely a figment of your imagination.]

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Originally posted by mikhael
Hex-hack check?

Whoops, wrong thread.  The downside of two high-poly Orion threads going on at once.

Anyway, "Hex hack" refers to the raw data checking I do on any model that I get out of Max->POF.  To make sure the radius is set correctly, really.  There are a couple of other things I look at, but the Max_Radius is really the one thing that concerns me overall as it's been wrong on every single ship I've ever seen produced by that converter.  It's something that I'm actually looking at doing as a service for a number of mods, simply because it's annoying and trying to explain how to do it to anyone who doesn't already understand endianness and IEEE floating point format is an impossible task.  I did go ahead and fix this in the other thread, so that post before yours is effectively spam.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 11:40:25 pm by 570 »
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!
    • http://www.google.com/search?q=404error.com
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I geddit.
[I am not really here. This post is entirely a figment of your imagination.]

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Make the comm array like Galemp's one (the antennas and such on the front) and it'd be perfect in my mind. (minus bump mapping and properly dirtying up the nameplates to match with Volition's)
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I thought it allready has antennas? You would want more of them?

The one thing that kills it for me is pretty much the stupid-looking text on the side of it...bring back the original lettering style and look that was on the original Orion, please. this just looks weird, it doesn't look like a nameplate it looks like someone just typed text directly onto the ship which looks kinda silly

on a lighter note, at this rate, we will have so many different versions of a high poly Orion that FREDders will be able to have a different Orion design for every single Orion they put in their campaigns. Variety is good.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
That's a simple fix really...just mke the Orion.pcx partialyl transparent and the metal pannel lines beneath it will slightly show trugh, thus looking like it was really painted on.