Author Topic: what is the homepage for the project?  (Read 46963 times)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Re: what is the homepage for the project?
That picture is so old.... those weapon names arent even legit anymore... Nothing about that picture is, except the mustang hud graphic, I think...
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well, why not update your screenshots page (and release a pic of the Viper since you're not using it anymore)?

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
(There is no viper. Its probably another ship that has since been renamed before I joined, but nothing is called "Viper.")
I would update the page, but I dont know if I have the permission to, for one thing, and I dont know what I should put there, if I did.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
(There is no viper. Its probably another ship that has since been renamed before I joined, but nothing is called "Viper.")
I would update the page, but I dont know if I have the permission to, for one thing, and I dont know what I should put there, if I did.

Actually, there was a Viper, but it was just someone's very crude attempt to model the Viper from the original Battlestar Galactica series.  We could release it, but it's extraordinarily ugly.

And Raa, the FTP info I PMmed you will let you upload stuff to any location on the TVWP FTP, so you can feel free to update or edit the site if you want. :)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards

Actually, there was a Viper, but it was just someone's very crude attempt to model the Viper from the original Battlestar Galactica series.  We could release it, but it's extraordinarily ugly.

And Raa, the FTP info I PMmed you will let you upload stuff to any location on the TVWP FTP, so you can feel free to update or edit the site if you want. :)

Ah, wasn't aware of the BSG Viper in TVWP. (also O.'.o at that)
So, it's ok if I want to do some little renders and put them online? Ok then... I'll look to doing that. I'll shoot you an AIM message to clear some things up... or I would if you were online... Errm... I'm not going to add any new ships yet, then, because i dont know what we're showing and what we arent. I'll get that info from you soon, I hope.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
After years of gathering dust, the TVWP website will get updated! Taristin to the rescue (or so I hope)!!! :D

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Ah, wasn't aware of the BSG Viper in TVWP. (also O.'.o at that)
So, it's ok if I want to do some little renders and put them online? Ok then... I'll look to doing that. I'll shoot you an AIM message to clear some things up... or I would if you were online... Errm... I'm not going to add any new ships yet, then, because i dont know what we're showing and what we arent. I'll get that info from you soon, I hope.

Ya.  I'm away this weekend, so I have limited connectivity -- for instance, my laptop computer is running AIM in my friend's house but I'm typing this from the computer lab.  Feel free to leave a message though.

I think that when I get back home I'll publically release the Viper so you can all see how horrible it really is. :D It dates from way back when Solatar (then Hades) and Thor were starting up the mod and looking for any models they could find.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It dates from way back when Solatar (then Hades) and Thor were starting up the mod and looking for any models they could find.

Dark times, very dark times...

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Small update made to the site. Techroom is now up to date, and will have more pictures as I get around to renderring them for it.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Few pictures added. Mustang Alpha, Shrike, and what the current Falcon looks like (It makes me go bleh)

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
The Falcon is a goddamn Amazon! :ick:

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Well..... we'll see if I decide to change that, or not. Or if Goober decides against it...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I like the reskinned Amazon. :p

But if we can come up with a new model, I'd be open to changing it.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I like the reskinned Amazon. :p

Ok... You know, Im seriously tempted to remove your model-vetoing rights! That skin for the amazon is so god aweful! It's both too monochromatic, lacking contrast, and... well... it looks too much like it was airbrushed in paint, and less like an actual texture job.  (There should be a :p in there, but Im not sure where, because while I dont mean it harshly, I do mean it!)
Im embarassed of it, to be honest. Im still stunned about what you said about my Sagitarrius, though.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Ok... You know, Im seriously tempted to remove your model-vetoing rights! That skin for the amazon is so god aweful! It's both too monochromatic, lacking contrast, and... well... it looks too much like it was airbrushed in paint, and less like an actual texture job.  (There should be a :p in there, but Im not sure where, because while I dont mean it harshly, I do mean it!)
Im embarassed of it, to be honest. Im still stunned about what you said about my Sagitarrius, though.

Hmm.  You raise an excellent point.  I have a significant interest in keeping my modelling staff happy, so by all means, ignore my tone-deafness (or the modelling equivalent) and use the new Sagi. :)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Well, since Modelling staff is me, Snipes, and Raa, we talked it over, and we're gonna think about making a different Falcon. It'll be Amazon-esque, though... because imagination is a-1 supar. >..>

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
The system works. :)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
You might want to, y'know, mention that you nuked the techroom instead of saying that you updated it...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Well, since Modelling staff is me, Snipes, and Raa, we talked it over, and we're gonna think about making a different Falcon. It'll be Amazon-esque, though... because imagination is a-1 supar. >..>

:lol:

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Um... What happend to the menu?