Author Topic: sw request  (Read 904 times)

Offline KARMA

• Darth Hutt
    • http://members.fortunecity.com/aranbanjo
i know you don't like -with some reason- the idea of custom source changes, but this is something that could be probably shared.
and we don't need it within 30 minutes... it will probably take a month before we will be able to release a first pack..i'm telling this now to let you schedule all the things you have to do
It is related (again..) to shields for capships.
I understand that full virtual shield (with a nice effect) are an hell job, so i'm asking something that should be(hopefully) little easyer:

i'd like a system that detect if you give shields in the tables to a ship, if shield mesh is not present it cut the common hull hit effect (the fire column and debris), allow you to play a different sound, and assign shield damage, whenever shields >0. When shield goes=0 it play the standard hull hit effect
The virtual shield will be realized only with sound and not playing the standard effects, better than nothing if you really need shields for capships
Compatibility with other mods/standard :v: campaigns should be granted: the system work only for the ships that have shields in table and don't have shield mesh

For a nice graphic effects, (it could be an ani played on the hull mesh, it could a modified decal, it could be a simple little effect played near the coordinates of the hit, with normal setted to always face the laser direction, or whatever else) it can be done -if it will be done- in the future, no hurry for this, but the possibility to discriminate between hull and shield hit is something we really need
thanks for help

Offline LAW ENFORCER

• Turret Fiend
    • http://www.armouredstar.com
Could also be nice for 'Ionised hulls' or sometinhg (well mabey not THAT specificaly but the sound of it ....... the sound of it...:nod: )

I would like that for my MOD actualy!

Now that I think of it:rolleyes:
Conflict GRDLA:
Operation Return To Riker
www.ARMOUREDSTAR.com - the latest site is not finished yet!
[What we have here is the source to the Freespace ENGINE, not the Freespace GAME. By allowing the ENGINE to support all kinds of cool stuff, we're allowing the creation of all new GAMES] - TurboNed