Author Topic: Crippled Sound  (Read 901 times)

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Hello,

my Game crashed again, and now I have some really strange crippled sound. I don't know how to describe that in english, let's just say the sounds are played a little faster, and also higher. This happened to me now the second time. Unfortunately I don't get rid of this failure anymore. Obviously all the different installations I made have messed up the registry once again.

So, my question is now, is there a tool or something else to clean the registry of all freespace and SCP-Entries. Or at least a good explanation how to do this manually ?

Thanks

Starman

(edit) never mind, it wasn't the game. It was the entire soundcard-system, I reseted the values and all is fine again. Nevertheless, I would still be interested if there is a registry cleaning utility out there
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 01:17:57 pm by Starman01 »
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Volition\Freespace2 is where all of the registry information should reside, unless there is an uninstaller entry in Add/Remove programs (in which case there will be an entry somewhere in the registry for that.)
-C

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Can I simply delete those entries without messing up my windows ?
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
You should be able to, but to be honest it isn't worth the risk if you're not comfortable editting the registry. The entry looks like it's going to take up 32 kb or less of space. There's no speed, memory, or reliability improvements that should be gained by deleting it.
-C

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
My problem is more that due to many installations of different beta versions I sometimes mess up the registry entries and then the launcher complains about it. :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH