Author Topic: BSG Online announced - could this be a problem?  (Read 31406 times)

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Re: BSG Online announced - could this be a problem?
Reminds me a lot of EvE online. The 2d DRADIS there is pretty interesting too.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Wow, that actually looks really good, almost like something from Freelancer (now I'm worried about all the BSG mods for Freelancer instead of Diaspora).  I didn't realize stuff like that was possible for a F2P browser game of all things.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

What's that "i" Character you speak of? Never used that character myself, care to elaborate on just how you use the character? Seems to me to be completely unnecessary to me!
Perfect. A+++ would buy again  :yes:

The graphics come close to the freespace2 open engine. But I still think the fs2o engine still looks better. Im also not liking the camera angles.

Also heres a new pic of a non cannon ship in the game. It looks sort of like a defender star from the original BSG to me.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 10:21:49 pm by FreespacePilot2010 »

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
That doesn't look like a BSGish ship at all. That's why I think it's pretty good.

Too many people just take a battlestar and reuse bits from them, there's 100's of designs out there that all look.. the same. One thing with the ships in BSG is that they're all incredibly different! Kudos to whoever designed it.
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

Heres some even more screens but its with the above ship under attack by cylons.

http://scifiwire.com/2010/06/exclusive-first-look-at-battlestar-galactica-online-screen-shots.php

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Canon... a non cannon ship would be unarmed :p
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

I hope this isn't set up like their stupid Dark Orbit game.  That game is also "free to play"...if your idea of playing a game is to do nothing but get pked an infinite number of times from the very beginning.  In order to be able to even do anything in that game you have to shell out lots of real money from the start. 
I'll have to see how their pk system is set up before I even think of trying this one out.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
Canon... a non cannon ship would be unarmed :p
I see what you did there...

also, on the fence with this.
could be cool, but F2P and me don't get along that often.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
That doesn't look like a BSGish ship at all. That's why I think it's pretty good.

Too many people just take a battlestar and reuse bits from them, there's 100's of designs out there that all look.. the same. One thing with the ships in BSG is that they're all incredibly different! Kudos to whoever designed it.

:confused:

If it's a warship in the BSG universe (as opposed to a rag-tag-fleet ship) it ought to have some familiar design features... even if it's just the look of the turrets, or some obligatory ribbing. Where's my obligatory ribbing ?!?!?!?

Offline newman

Well, out of the 3 canon battlestar types we've seen only one had actual ribbing, so I wouldn't call it obligatory. Otherwise, I tend to agree - this looks more like it came out of Babylon 5 then BSG.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I'd disagree, it has a design ethic in common with Pegasus or Valkyrie; it simply doesn't have the traditional Battlestar shape we're used to.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Looks more like a Civvie ship then a Combat Vessel. Not very BSG-ish in my opinion, but as a Civvie vessel it doesn't matter that much.
The only non-canon non-Battlestar design that i was able to immediatly identify as a BSG ship was the Bolitho, the design screams: "BSG - Colonial - non Carrier...".

Offline newman

Looks more like a Civvie ship then a Combat Vessel. Not very BSG-ish in my opinion, but as a Civvie vessel it doesn't matter that much.
The only non-canon non-Battlestar design that i was able to immediatly identify as a BSG ship was the Bolitho, the design screams: "BSG - Colonial - non Carrier...".

Exactly.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline eldain

besides that- the propulsion to hull ratio just seems off- ow and did I mention its total lack of colonial disk-shaped markings
and guns---> those are missing for sure....

that's how I see it anyways,

eldain
---pencils are not only for picking my nose---

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
looks more like an earth ship from SG-1 than BSG to me.

Methinks BSG 'Online' is just as 'online' as Transformice is. You log in. You enter a lobby. You fly a mission and blow up stuff.

Could be fun.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
looks more like an earth ship from SG-1 than BSG to me.

Same thing here.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

I actually thought it looks more like its from Star Wars than BSG(or SG or B5). Specifically the kotor era of Star Wars.

but F2P and me don't get along that often.
Is F2P supposed to be an abbreviation of my username? I dont remember us not getting along. You might have me confused with someone else.

F2P=Free 2 Play.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems