Author Topic: My own voice in my created game  (Read 1747 times)

My own voice in my created game

Hello,

I am currently in the process of creating my own mission in Mission Editor and I wanted to Know is there a way I can record my own voice for the Briefing? I use the record app on my phone and tried to save it as a .wave file but didn't work. Is there a special program i can download for this?

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Re: My own voice in my created game
There are dozens of audio editing programs if you have a microphone for your computer - I use Audacity, bug there are many other good choices. Not sure about you're specific phone, obviously, but the FSOpen engine handles .wav files (not .wave) perfectly well, and they're a very common output format. You will need to tell FRED where the file is, and store it within the appropriate subdirectory (your mods data\sounds directory IIRC).
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Once I have the Wav file How would I add to the Command Briefing in my mission. I want to use my own voice in the Briefings.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ

Put the file in your mods data\voice\command_briefings folder (create one if you don't have it). Type the name of the file into the Wave Filename section.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

OK, I figured out how to do it :)