Author Topic: 2007-10-28 stable branch (Xt version)  (Read 68756 times)

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
Re: 2007-10-28 stable branch (Xt version)
Quite a bit of **** doesn't seem to be working in 12/7

I think I'll just trust Taylor to tell me when to use his builds instead of sneaking in his directories.

12/7 is the version that works right for me
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

I have exactly the same problem as Deepstar with a Radeon X1950GT. My OS is Win XP not Vista.

Game crashes after a few seconds in the Tech Room or in mission so I have to close it manually with the Task Manager.

The dll and the -no_glsl command both preventing the game to crash but I can't see the normal maps with these solutions.

Yes, i'm able to confirm this in XP, too (switched back now,  because of different soundbugs in Vista and because of FSO, too :D). It seems to be a bug in all Catalyst Drivers from 7.10 to 7.12 in general and not only for the Vista drivers.

Also i can confirm that the posted 7.9 atioglxx.dll works in XP. But it seems, that this "trick" doesn't work with  Vista. I tried the atioglxx.dll from the 7.9 Vista Catalyst and has crashes too  :confused:
Shivan here, Shivan there, Shivan everywhere.

My english isn't very well, so sorry for a few mistakes.

FreeSpace Let's Plays on my Channel:
| The Great War | Silent Threat | Operation Templar | Silent Threat: Reborn | Shivans - Phantoms | Shivans - Echo Gate | Shrouding the Light: Origins | Shrouding the Light | Cardinal Spear | Cardinal Spear: Vega | Awakenings | The Destiny of Peace | Between the Ashes: Mefistofele

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
See taylor's profile, latest messages, you will find link there. icculus.org/~taylor/fso/ if I remember correctly.

Note that these are experimental builds, so don't expect them to even start correctly. I would also like to say that requiring people to jump through hoops just beause some morons don't understand what "experimental build" means and are likely to shoot themselves into foot is just stupid.

Yeah, there is a fine line between reporting bugs and simply complaining about a build that doesn't work properly for everyone, because it's experimental.
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
For shaders to work in 12/07 you have to have the 1119 shaders VP file, they are no longer bundled.

Make sure you're not using one of the sub-versions (Like 1119-1, -2 , -3).

I love 1207 and have had no problems with it at all. I also have no problems with 1028.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Kazan

• PCS2 Wizard
  • Soul lives in the Mountains
    • http://alliance.sourceforge.net
For shaders to work in 12/07 you have to have the 1119 shaders VP file, they are no longer bundled.

where can this be acquired?
PCS2 2.0.3 | POF CS2 wiki page | Important PCS2 Threads | PCS2 Mantis

"The Mountains are calling, and I must go" - John Muir

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy

where can this be acquired?

http://icculus.org/~taylor/fso/misc/
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Yeah, with those shaders everything except the thrusters works.

Assets seem to load quickly too in the tech room, before when I'd click on a Levi, Fenris, Sathanas, Colossus, any cap ship really it'd take about 5-10 seconds for it to load.

In mission however, there's still the twitchery.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I've noticed one issue with the more recent builds.  Ever since 11/19 the Xt builds have been showing the intro cutscene at the wrong size.  I'm not using disable scale to window, if I do they're even smaller than the attached image shows.  I tested almost every Xt build since 11/07, it seems that every build since 11/19 has the bug in it.  I'm probably going to mantis it if no one else has, just wondering if anyone else has seen this.  I'm using the FS2CutscenePack.vp file with the Ogg Theora cutscenes, otherwise it's a stock retail setup.

[attachment deleted by ninja]
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
Yeah, with those shaders everything except the thrusters works.

Assets seem to load quickly too in the tech room, before when I'd click on a Levi, Fenris, Sathanas, Colossus, any cap ship really it'd take about 5-10 seconds for it to load.

In mission however, there's still the twitchery.
The thruster issue is a strange bug Taylor already knows about. Please check that in F3 lab you DO SEE them ...

The model loading times should happen only once (they're just the cache file generation).
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
I've noticed one issue with the more recent builds.  Ever since 11/19 the Xt builds have been showing the intro cutscene at the wrong size.  I'm not using disable scale to window, if I do they're even smaller than the attached image shows.  I tested almost every Xt build since 11/07, it seems that every build since 11/19 has the bug in it.  I'm probably going to mantis it if no one else has, just wondering if anyone else has seen this.  I'm using the FS2CutscenePack.vp file with the Ogg Theora cutscenes, otherwise it's a stock retail setup.

I have no problems with cutscenes over here under FS2 or FSPort with any exe. Also using the OGG cutscene.vp.

I have media player classic as bundled with K-Lite Mega Codec package 3.53, so I have no idea if that makes for any difference what so ever. Tested under XP Pro and 64bit XP Pro with 169.21 drivers.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I don't think codec matters, I thought the theora decoding was built in to the engine now and completely independent of your installed video playback system.  But I'm definitely getting this as a repeatable bug, in both windowed and full screen mode.  This is with all options disabled even.

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
I don't think codec matters, I thought the theora decoding was built in to the engine now and completely independent of your installed video playback system.  But I'm definitely getting this as a repeatable bug, in both windowed and full screen mode.  This is with all options disabled even.
Several other people have had the same problem, enough that I added it to my internal Mantis, but I have yet to reproduce it myself.

The next public Xt build will have some cleaned up movie code (the current Xt builds have some half implemented shader playback code in there) so we'll see if it's any better at that point.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
FYI...

The Catalyst 7.12 driver set allows the Radeon 9500 pro to operate in the 1028 build without GLSL support disabled.  That said, still some issues with texturing and the new media VPs in that build with this setup (see FSU beta thread, page 12).

Also - I have the minimized window for movies in the 1207 build as well.  The ship lab also crashes in the debug build for that series.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Question:
Are the changes (Normal-Mapping) in CVS now and if yes: which branch? :)

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
The changes aren't in CVS yet.  There are still some fundamental issues with the code, and I don't commit stuff until things like that are worked out.

Okay... That's all I wanted to know, thanks :)

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
not that it helps at all, but the 8.1 drivers don't play nice with FSO either, same set of bugs with the asteroids, choppyness, and image corruption
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Catalyst 8.1 is a "leaked" version as far as I know.

It might be a beta version, or even an older version with a newer name. I wouldn't worry about that until the official release.
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
What?!  It's the one listed on their website!

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp

I've mirrored the atioglxx.rar

http://hosted.filefront.com/marsneedswomen/