Author Topic: Scoring Changes Build  (Read 2759 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Scoring Changes Build
http://www.freespacefaq.com/Misc-Downloads/Builds/Scoring-Changes.7z

Standard SVN trunk build. Should have everything the other coders have told you is in SVN. I've included DerKuchen's -weapon_choice_3d flag from here but I haven't tested it in any way. Be sure to test with -ship_choice_3d turned off or you won't notice any difference regardless of whether or not there are any bugs.

I've introduced a few new features and these are also in SVN (so any build after mine from trunk will also have them). They're AI_Profile.tbl changes. You now have 3 new options.

Code: [Select]
$Percentage Required For Kill Scale: 0.30, 0.30, 0.30, 0.30, 0.30
$Percentage Required For Assist Scale: 0.15, 0.15, 0.15, 0.15, 0.15

They go after $Max Turret Player Ownage: in the table and set the percentage damage you must inflict on an enemy ship to be awarded with a kill or assist (by default 30% and 15% repectively). The build should also fix a bug whereby only the first player to do 15% damage earned the assist regardless of whether or not someone else did more damage so if you start seeing more assists in multiplayer that's why. Assists do nothng for your score and are simply added to your global assists total anyway so it was worth fixing.

This should help designers of Gauntlet style coops. Frequently these have such a large number of enemies that you can get a disproportionate number of kills playing them vs TvT or dogfight. If you make the player need 40% or 50% for a kill it should cut down on that a lot.

The other new feature is this

Code: [Select]
$include beams for kills and assists: NO
When set to yes beam damage is recorded and used in calculations for assigning kills. No more claiming a Sathanas as a kill just cause you hit it with one bomb while a capship killed it with beams. :p Of course this change won't affect FS2 cause it's set to NO by default.

Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Scoring Changes Build
Maybe that should be "$include capship beams..." since beams mounted on fighters and bombers always count. :)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Scoring Changes Build
I thought about that but gunship beams were the ones that made me actually fix the bug and since they're on the fence between capships and fighters/bombers I figured it was best not to cloud the issue. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]