Author Topic: Temporary Dreamcatcher Discussion thread  (Read 53526 times)

Re: Temporary Dreamcatcher Discussion thread
My main computer's back! Yippee! Now I can get back to FREDding! :D

Keep in mind though that this is a family computer, not one reserved for my personal use, so I get less time on it than I like. Still, with my sisters in school and me not, I should be able to FRED away while they're gone, and let them use it for homework when they get back.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
LGM, will Steadfast have the Gargant in it?

The first episode is Shivan-free and we are still discussing about the storyline of the other episodes.

My main computer's back! Yippee! Now I can get back to FREDding! :D

Lol...good luck!
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Dysko

LGM, will Steadfast have the Gargant in it?

The first episode is Shivan-free and we are still discussing about the storyline of the other episodes.
I wanted to keep that info secret, but you just spoiled it... anyway, the general storyline is complete, we have only to specify the exact missions of each episode. And the Gargant won't be in Steadfast.
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Penetrating Shivan territory= SSH
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Dysko

If we'll use the Gargant in Steadfast, we'll use it as a background.

And please, for any Steady-related question, bump the "Temporary Steadfast Discussion thread", so we don't steal Hunter's topic :)
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
So...do you want to use the Gargant in Dreamcatcher? ;)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I strangely agree with Aldo.

Think about a ship like the Diablo. An HTL version is...mah...
(whooo, late!)

Strangely?  ta.  Er, I think.
It's important for me to point out that the Diablo was something like the 4th ship I ever made, and it's scarcely the most original design.  Think of it as being a remnant from the period when I was still learning what was possible rather than refining my artistic abilities. 

Anyways, the Nightmares as-youve-seen-them were somewhat constrained by a combination of my artistic inexperience and the limitations of the engine.  HTL versions would be significantly different in terms of shape - the original nightmares were defined by lots-o-spikes, whereas 'modern' ones would be far sleeker and more unified in design.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Like the Metal Gear REX and the Metal Gear RAY. The first one was poor because of a poor engine.

I'm not targeting you. I was just saying that a HTL version of the Diablo would look weird. A redesign is welcome, though ;)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Like the Metal Gear REX and the Metal Gear RAY. The first one was poor because of a poor engine.

I'm not targeting you. I was just saying that a HTL version of the Diablo would look weird. A redesign is welcome, though ;)

Oh, I agree; I wouldn't have done that (artistic) design if I'd had more modelling experience :)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
So, what are you doing? Don't waste your time! PUMP El Diablo!
The Lightblue Ribbon

So...do you want to use the Gargant in Dreamcatcher? ;)

I would dearly like to, but remember Woo doesn't want us to have it until:

A) It is used in INF SCP or

B) the story is written in such a way that the Gargant will never be used.

With life back in the INF SCP project, it seems more likely to be released now, but probably not for another year or so.

By the way, does anyone here have abilities as a turret-er? The zAndrogeos needs more than just the one turret and my Truespace skills are nonexistant. I'd like to use it a bit later... but it needs some anti-fighter stuff on it!
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
So, what are you doing? Don't waste your time! PUMP El Diablo!

Er, why?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
'cause we want you to.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
'cause you must do it.

By the way, does anyone here have abilities as a turret-er? The zAndrogeos needs more than just the one turret and my Truespace skills are nonexistant. I'd like to use it a bit later... but it needs some anti-fighter stuff on it!

You mean the old Androgeos? We'll probably use it in Steadfast too(but not as a warship). Ok no spoiler.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Yeah, the old Androgeos (it'll need a new name too...). Anyone up for adding about a dozen turrets or so?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
zAndrogeos has one turret...

For a name, I recommend something like Minos (name of practically all Cretan kings :P).

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
You forget one of LGM's dogs..."husband" of Leda(yeah the GTD Leda of SthCrs).
The Lightblue Ribbon

I've been doing some thinking on the graphics quality and shiplist of Dreamcatcher. Since it now seems likely that INF SCP might (*gasp*) actually be released (*knocks on wood*), and that INFR1's graphics are, unfortunately, out-dated, I will probably be rebuilding Dreamcatcher with the newer ships and shiny graphics once INF SCP comes out. I might even adjust the storyline a bit to take advantage of new ship designs included.

I plan on getting Dreamcatcher realeased before INF SCP, so expect testing within a month or so! This is my first campaign... so I'm not exactly expecting it to be the best-quality production ever, but I hope it'll be decent enough to garner some respect.

Regarding the website, which is still not ready: It seems the only thing missing is an index page before it becomes semi-operable. Unfortunately the page I built as an index doesn't seem to be working. Anyone with HTML code experience willing to help out here would be grealy appreciated.

This is part 1 of a planned 4 parts.  ;)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Interesting, four parts...any updates about the team members?

I'm just happy to hear that we get to go past Knossos 3, but a campaign that involves going beyond Knossos 3 should be more than 30 missions ;)

Urgh... really? :eek2:
The Lightblue Ribbon