Author Topic: Temporary Dreamcatcher Discussion thread  (Read 53680 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Temporary Dreamcatcher Discussion thread
This is part 1 of a planned 4 parts.  ;)

Ah, so this is why it's only called Dreamcatcher Creation?

Precisely.

The original thirty mission set got split into Parts 1 and 2. Creation is actually the name of Part 2. I haven't thought one up for Part 1.

Part 3 will be a short little seven mission affair that pretty much just links Part 2 to 4. I'm planning on 4 being the conclusion, and I have the opening story set up, but I'm not sure exactly what direction its taking from there.

And yes, LGM, we're going to see what lies beyond the Third Knossos... or at least what I imagined would lie beyond it.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline takashi

• Better than TrashMan
quadrary systems? random cameo races/planets fro other sci-fi shows?

quadrary systems? random cameo races/planets fro other sci-fi shows?

:wtf:

Can you post a spoiler of what you plan on putting past Knossos 3? I want to know now instead of waiting a long time for you to release the campaign. Tell me in a spoiler or PM me what you plan to put in that system beyond Knossos 3. Please?

The system beyond the Third Knossos will be a real star system: Megrez. There will also be a really nice... disturbance in the system I hope everyone will enjoy.
I will furthermore say this: there are no Shivan bases in this system. Sorry. There is an excellent reason for this absense of Shivans... but I'll just be mean and leave you guessing. :P

---This message was typed on a Wii. :D
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline takashi

• Better than TrashMan
aww. no shivans. so where did the sath's come from?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Are the Nightmares and the Dreamcatchers at war with the Shivans and the slippery bastards?

There is an excellent reason for this absense of Shivans... but I'll just be mean and leave you guessing.

Offline takashi

• Better than TrashMan
i havent been following this so...who are the dreamcacthers?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Uhh I believe there's actually only one, I'm not sure.

But he makes nightmares and breathes them into kid's heads. He's also known as the BFG.

Okay, not really.

He does make nightmares, but they're fighters. Aldo's Nightmares, of course. :)

Offline takashi

• Better than TrashMan
so nightmares are the filthy spawn of of a giant monster? plausible.

DA BOOGEY MAN!

sorry...i couldnt help it.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Where did you specify this? It's the first time I hear of the Dreamcatcher as a Nightmare creator.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

So this disturbance is the reason the Shivans aren't there.

You said it, not me. Remember that, folks.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Please reply to my question...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Where did you specify this? It's the first time I hear of the Dreamcatcher as a Nightmare creator.

This question?

I put a piccy of a Nightmare destroyer up in another thread, to demonstrate how weird-looking the Nightmare beams are. Stupidly, I forgot there was dialogue at the top where something called Dreamcatcher identifies it as its creation. So call that a leak due to stupidity of the campaign designer.  :D

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Don't say that...

You can change the beams...take PI's Vasudan beams and change their colour.
The Lightblue Ribbon

So call that a leak due to stupidity of the campaign designer.  :D

Don't say that...

Why lie? The truth is much easier to remember... :P

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
It's not polite...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Since when has Dark Hunter been polite? :drevil: jk

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

It's not polite...

I am Dreamcatcher's designer, LGM. I'm very much allowed to insult myself. It was a moment of stupidity on my part.

I won't be changing the beams either. I love the way the newer effects screwed them up from their original state.

Original state: they were white and fanned out.
New state: a darker gray color and undulate back and forth.

Yeah, yeah, I know:

:necro:

Just an update: I took a rather large vacation from working on this because I was busy with both summer jobs and preparing for college. Seriously, you would not believe how long it took to get this computer up and running...

But! Now that I am settled in, I have recently begun work once again on Dreamcatcher. I think I am really close to solving a bug that has been a thorn in my side for... five months.

Yeah, anyway. I'm still working on it. It's still coming. And if anyone, ANYONE, out there knows how to write up an index page for a website... please tell me how. I have no clue what an "index" page means, and none of the pages I have currently written up seem to work in that regard. :blah:

I swear, this campaign shall not fall into the horrible "no progress whatsoever has been made in years" syndrome. :yes: