Author Topic: The Blue Planet Oracle (full BP2/3 spoilers within!)  (Read 141156 times)

Offline crizza

Re: The Blue Planet Oracle (full BP2/3 spoilers within!)
So Steele called in more fleet assets for his endgame, but what did they do?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
What they were told like good subordinates.  ;)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Question, but more of a state of mind than a question, last thing that's been eating away at me about BP for years now. Maybe I can finally lay it all to rest.  :)

Especially in light of the idea of branching endings, and with BP3 taken into account: Is the player encouraged to ally with Ken - like, is it the "good" ending to do so? Is it "justifiable" that I, as a viewer of many cutscenes and gameplay, have significant issues with teaming up with the Shivans? Is it "wrong" that I have doubts about the Vishnans intent?

Are the people who just want to fight to the bitter end rather than give in to these etherreal (cosmic horror if you ask me) typed beings - are they entirely "the bad guys"? Like, is it a "point" of the story to tell me that I should feel bad unless I hang with Shivans/Vishnans/both/whatever?

I feel like in the setting I'd just lash out at anything non-human or Vasudan. Although I guess that might go with my preference for the GTVA in this conflict. But hey.  :)

In other just as vague words: Would I have to be a bad guy if I stuck my heels in and fought for ordinary honest to goodness humans/zods against these manipulative, our-morality-is-so-great-its-incomprehensible-too-transcendent-for-you cosmic forces? Even if it meant our "demise"?

TBH that's what I'd do.  :cool:

Laporte might not.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
The ending that branches to BP3 is more or less telling Ken to **** off. There’s a price to pay, though.

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
The ending that branches to BP3 is more or less telling Ken to **** off. There’s a price to pay, though.

Ah, interesting! You said earlier that there was a branch that involved not even beginning act 5 - I assumed that was it. You say that the only way to "canonically" progress to BP3 is actually to repudiate Ken? Wow, deeper than I thought, nice! What's the price?

Hope it's not as bad as the cost of a car wash cause man do they shellack you.  :lol:

I think, someone dies for that...heroically, of course, for the good.

"Ancient" Greek Tragedy

Offline QuakeIV

• test
Telling aKEN to **** off, amirite?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
It either branches to Bosch's plan for an 'arrangement' with the Shivans (as foreshadowed in FS2, this is very bad for the Vsaudans) or to the BP3 path where the Vishnans are gone (unclear whether temporarily or permanently) and the Shivanpocalypse is on.

Offline crizza

The Shivanapocalypse would be awesome... Having them pour out of Capella, annihillating GTVA blockades etc...

Refering to the vasudan princess: I thought we would play as Nabirasul?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Yes.

Shivanapocalypse

Any chance for Sol going supernova?

The Sun isn't massive enough for that.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
Neither is Capella, but that didn't stop the Shivans.
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Certain supernovae are possible with larger yellow giants of around 10 solar masses(which is what the Capella star is in the FSverse). Even if the Capella star didn't fit the criteria for a supernova it still could've had enough mass to trigger one after runaway fusion has started and caused an iron core collapse.

With the Sun there's just not enough stellar mass to produce such spectacular results.

Though we are talking about the FSverse where physics are ~weird~ so who knows.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline QuakeIV

• test
I'm not particularly inclined to cast doubt on the Shivan's ability to throw around retarded amounts of energy, personally.

Especially since they received (theoretically) almost God like powers.

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Telling aKEN to **** off, amirite?

I see what you did there  ;7 "It's very hard to kill a *Juggernaut* from the outside..."
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline Iain Baker

• 'Sup?
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • NOMAD's Reviews
Hi guys, I need a favour. I'm writing an article about Blue Planet which should go up on Coin-Drop.com later in the week. Can someone send me the sound of the TEI beams as an MP3 file or similar I could embed in the article? If not, a link to a video which shows if off well will also work. Ideally a short video that focuses on this and shows off just how awesome / terrifying the noise those things make truly is?  :)

Those beams have finally knocked off this big gun thingy from SWIV from its perch of pant crapingly awesome sounding beam weapons. https://youtu.be/grRWWGKcV2I?t=679 (Fast forward to 11.19 if the 'start from' part of this link doesn't work - I'm looking at you Wix.)
Wanna check out my video games, technology and media website? If so, visit; https://www.nomadsreviews.co.uk/

Interested in hiring my freelance writing, proof-reading, editing, SEO, TTSO, Web Development or Social Media Management services? If so, please messege me at [email protected]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
You can always extract the sound directly with VPView32.