Author Topic: BattleTech: Iron Knights' Crusade  (Read 21577 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: BattleTech: Iron Knights' Crusade
Luckily I don't think there's any rules in AtB to cater for that :p  Regardless, an inspection and replacement (if needed) would be one of Benjamin's priorities.

Ironically, I know there's actually a list of house rules that was assembled for this sort of thing out there. It's in this zip.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
In which the unit prepares to leave Galatea.

The next update I post will be after every single refit is done, and then probably one more when the unit arrives so you guys don't have to see me post 24 consecutive "and this week nothing happened" updates.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 07:21:57 pm by Scotty »

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Luckily I don't think there's any rules in AtB to cater for that :p  Regardless, an inspection and replacement (if needed) would be one of Benjamin's priorities.

Ironically, I know there's actually a list of house rules that was assembled for this sort of thing out there. It's in this zip.

I should have known that some one somewhere would have created rules for it. :lol:

On refits, what is actually required to replace an engine, because the Cicada 3C sounds pretty good for this era i.e. a PPC moving at 7/14/0 :)  It's a pity that the variant adds machine guns + explosive ammo, but you can't have everything...
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
In order to replace an engine you need factory conditions, and you also have to actually buy the engine, which is the really expensive part.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
75% of price. I take it that is very good... hmmm.. from that list it seems there are two tanks at 80% ..and a Phoenix Hawk at 80%.

Put probably not necessary as I'm sure one can use salvage to get new mechs too.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Heh. None of my "characters" have gotten to be the main guy before. This'll be fun.

Anyways, Scotty, when you want me to do some filler fluff writing, let me know. I've got a few ideas and frameworks I could use.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I've advanced the campaign all the way up until the Knights make landfall, and the first battle is rolled.  I'll PM you with some of the points of interest if you want to start writing up before I have time to post the next part.  Drill weekends make that difficult.

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
I've advanced the campaign all the way up until the Knights make landfall, and the first battle is rolled.  I'll PM you with some of the points of interest if you want to start writing up before I have time to post the next part.  Drill weekends make that difficult.
Sure. Go ahead and pass along whatever you think may be relevant. No promises, but I'll see if I can come up with something.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I was gonna say (and I'm running late here) that if you wanted to buy the Rifleman, I'd love to drive it. Two large lasers, two medium lasers, and two AC/5s? Fun loadout. :P
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
The Rifleman already has a pilot (and you already have a 'Mech :P); HerraTohtori claimed a Tech that mysteriously had a Gunnery/'Mech skill of 5 and 6 free exp, and immediately multiclassed her into a Green MechWarrior for the Rifleman.

Offline Patriot

Seeing as i'm of veteran skill level already as a MW, don't hesitate to turn me into a Tech of some sort, whichever we're short on :)

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
The Rifleman already has a pilot (and you already have a 'Mech :P); HerraTohtori claimed a Tech that mysteriously had a Gunnery/'Mech skill of 5 and 6 free exp, and immediately multiclassed her into a Green MechWarrior for the Rifleman.

Yeah, but you know me. I'm never satisfied. :P
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
FYI - once you get new mechs/pilots an I get into the game, just wanted to let you know my mech preferences (from MW4, not sure which of them are even availlabe, my battletech knowledge is limited)

roughly in order of preference:

- Deimos

- Canis

- Bushwacker

- Pitbull

- Tehnchi

- Fafnir

- Blackheart

- Cougar

- Loki

- Thor

- Hellhound

Found this nice shape chart:
http://i52.tinypic.com/xdva4n.jpg
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 03:36:47 am by TrashMan »

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Erm, the game is starting in 3000, as far as I know none of those mechs would be seen in the Inner Sphere until at least 3049 for the Clan mechs, and even later for the others :)

edit: these pages are a better place to start looking for mechs that would be available at this time:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Category:SLDF_2750_BattleMechs (only the low-tech variants)
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Technical_Readout:_3025
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 04:08:36 am by niffiwan »
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Well..the best looking mechs are off the table... :(

Let's see...what looks acceptable...
Phoenix Hawk, Crusader, Warhammer, Rifleman  (all MAcross rip-offs.. no surprise they look good)
Thunderbolt..
Awesome..

So many mechs really needed a re-imagining. the old art and designs are mostly hideous.
Hm..Victor, Marauder and Locust actually look nice in MW: Online. They did a really good job there.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 06:35:39 am by TrashMan »

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
FYI - once you get new mechs/pilots an I get into the game, just wanted to let you know my mech preferences (from MW4, not sure which of them are even availlabe, my battletech knowledge is limited)

roughly in order of preference:

- Deimos

- Canis

- Bushwacker

- Pitbull

- Tehnchi

- Fafnir

- Blackheart

- Cougar

- Loki

- Thor

- Hellhound

Found this nice shape chart:
http://i52.tinypic.com/xdva4n.jpg

In the order you listed them, this is how long it will take each of those designs to appear in this campaign, game-time wise.

Deimos - 85 years

Canis - 58 years

Bushwacker - 53 years

The Pitbull is not actually a real 'Mech.  Sorry.

The Tenchi is not a real 'Mech either.  MekTek flat out made up a lot of 'Mechs for their MekPaks.

Fafnir - 63 years

The Black Heart is another made-up 'Mech by MekTek.

Cougar - 58 years

Hellbringer (Loki) and Summoner (Thor) - 49 years

Hellhound - The one you're thinking of doesn't actually exist, and was made up for MechWarrior 4 (not MekTek's fault this time!).  The Conjurer (Hellhound) kinda shares a name with it, though, and will be technically-but-not-likely-at-all available in 49 years.

I think the shortest wait on that list is 49 years.  I'd suggest picking something else. :P

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Shadow Hawk?
Warhammer?
Marauder?
Locust?

Offline Aesaar

Those are all fine.

No idea why you'd want a Marauder though.  IMO, unless you get a redesign of it, it's one of the worst looking mechs in BT.  Stats are nice.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 12:08:29 pm by Aesaar »

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
I think Leonardo would like to up his combat a bit.

Those are all fine.

No idea why you'd want a Marauder though.  IMO, unless you get a redesign of it, it's one of the worst looking mechs in BT.  Stats are nice.

Them's fightin' words.

And then someone did it in 3D.

Waaaaiiit.... I'm a dumbass.  This is a redesign.  The original looks like ass.

Let's just assume all Marauders are this badass.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Can I haz this:
?