Author Topic: Aion - Tower of Eternity  (Read 12392 times)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Re: Aion - Tower of Eternity
You guys should see his dance moves
Habeeb it...

Offline Darius

:bump:

Aion is now free-to-play. Like totally free-to-play. NCSoft seems to be doing it for all their games (did it with Lineage II and City of Heroes). It intrigued me enough to give it a go.

After a rocky installation process, I managed to make up a character. Was very impressed with the customisation options. Seems a pretty deep game so far as well, but yet to play more than a day through it.

http://truly-free.aiononline.com/index.php

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

GOD  MY  OH

He needs a pimp halo.   I don't care if such a thing doesn't exist and is heretical, he needs one.

I would question his effectiveness as a assassin.  Unless he puts on large Vegas Style Shows that his targets can't help but attend where they are "coincidentally" crushed by massive crystal chandeliers.  At that point though you're probably going to pull in more dough as a fantasy MMORPUGGER Cee Lo Green and just drop the assassin gig completely.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 12:14:31 pm by StarSlayer »
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
I"ve been giving it a go, but each quest has pages of dialogueandf the combat is...clunky.  Also, my minion doesn't attack when i get hit if my mage shield is up.  The only really cool thing I've found so far is the pet system and the character art.  The problem is that the characters are so detailed and gorgeous, that they don't really fit in with the background art.  I've got it cranked up to maximum and there's very little in the way of ground clutter shrubbery and rocks and stuff.  The characters are great to look at, but the world they inhabit is kind of bland.

All that said, the soundtrack is incredible.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 02:54:06 pm by Liberator »
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
:bump:

Aion is now free-to-play. Like totally free-to-play. NCSoft seems to be doing it for all their games (did it with Lineage II and City of Heroes). It intrigued me enough to give it a go.

I'm going to hijack the thread a bit here.  Is City of Heroes worth a DL?  It looked interesting to me, but I'd like another's opinion.  One thing specifically, hows the story and character interaction? (hopefully not like STO where your bridge crew has all the personality of the nearest bulkhead)
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
been playing this for a few days now, i can honestly say that of the current availible mmo's, i'm liking this a lot more than anything else.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
I like it better than I did when I tried it last time.  Though frankly, they need to work on their netcode as it's just stupid to have a GCD and not have the ability to "pre-cast".
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
also, personally, i love the whole crafting system so far.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Oh yea I've forgot to mention that Aion is indeed free-to-play. Good that someone did.
It's a bit different concept from the NCSoft one in Europe where it's under Gameforge, but it's still free-to-play here too.

Oh and my Assassin has changed a bit since that last shot. Not much, but a bit.

Habeeb it...

Offline Enzo03

Great.  Yet another game I gotta get into.

Gonna have to free up disc space because I'm a hoarder for things like ISOs of games I *think* I might play sometime later but never do.
21:20:19   SpardaSon21: "hey baby, want to get a good look at my AC/20?
21:20:26   Spoon: I'd hit it like the fist of steiner

Some people are like Slinkies.  They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Indeed I really recommend people to try this out. Great quality MMO for free.

Only downside is the European servers. With Starter Account (which is the free one) you can't sell or trade anything to another players.
The Gameforge is trying to figure out proper methods (read: restrictions) to open up some trading possibilities for Starters, but right now they are of course battling against Botters and Gold Sellers.
Denying trade completely makes it a bit harder for those bastards to operate, but still... it's not that profitable to play as a Starter.

Other than that, there are really no reason to not try Aion in Europe (unless you don't like MMO:s).
Habeeb it...

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken