Author Topic: The subach  (Read 16248 times)

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Yeah, in the gauntlets in FS1, a trick is to disable one of the endless waves of Cruiser/Destroyer guards, and kill the rest. It stays for a few minutes, giving a respite from attack, but eventually self-destructs.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I've found that after destroying every subsystem on a fighter with the Akehton, it self-destructs eventually. Or you can do ram attacks. As for stupid Alpha 2 in that TAG missile mission, she gets disabled, and all the Shivans are sitting there firing Ulysesly at her because she has ship gaurdian or something on, then as soon as reinforcments arrive, "aaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!"

I wonder what Alpha 2 was doing in A Game of TAG. When I told her to protect the Warspite, she flew back without using her afterburners, so she died because some Mara parked itself behind her and was happily blasting away at her rear. :wtf:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Wingmen are teh smex.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Yeah, when you tell them to C-3-7, thus escaping danger, they never use burners.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
They hardly use their burners for anything. :mad:
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Except for flying into your field of fire, at which point they stop and stay put.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Except for flying into your field of fire, at which point they stop and stay put.

...until you collide into them, upon which they fly off. :wtf:
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Or if you use the Maxim-Kayser combo, they just get blown up. Then all the other wingmen go all pissy on you and turn red.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Or if you use the Maxim-Kayser combo, they just get blown up. Then all the other wingmen go all pissy on you and turn red.

...and fly circles around you until you restart the mission, abort, or blow them up.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I hit them with dual trebs and kill them instantly.
Command and my other wingmen see that as an unfortunate accident, and proceed to do nothing about my team-killing :D
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Excalibur

• Forsee a new beginning.
They do when flying towards a target 4000m away - well, sometimes. Or if you shoot them, an 0.50s burst is really going to save them if it was a real enemy...

And in the chasing Iceni mission, they sit there colliding with each other until the enemy arrives. :doubt:
His legacy will last until the beginning.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Order all your wingmen to protect a Poseidon. Crashcrashcrashcrashcrashcrashcrash kaboom.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Order all your wingmen to protect a Poseidon. Crashcrashcrashcrashcrashcrashcrash kaboom.

:lol:

Or make all your wingmen invincible in Bearbaiting, complete the mission, disable invulnerability on all of them, use C-3-7 and fly about in circles. :drevil:
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
I wonder what Alpha 2 was doing in A Game of TAG. When I told her to protect the Warspite, she flew back without using her afterburners, so she died because some Mara parked itself behind her and was happily blasting away at her rear. :wtf:
She had rear feedback turned way up. :lol:

My wingmen tend to suicide 24/7, though I applaud their bravery when they e.g charge head first at an Aeolus.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Excalibur

• Forsee a new beginning.
You order them to cover you when you are 1500m away from an enemy and they keep fighting.

:lol:

Or make all your wingmen invincible in Bearbaiting, complete the mission, disable invulnerability on all of them, use C-3-7 and fly about in circles. :drevil:

Just create a mission in FRED2 with 50 fighters and order them to cover you and fly around in circles. Then order them to all return to base to see a massive warpout. Or stay in exactly the same spot when you start the mission, order them to form on your wing and make a large square ship like an Orion warp in, just missing your rear by a few metres... :drevil:
His legacy will last until the beginning.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
I think they're literally covering you, i.e, shielding you from enemy fire, missiles, bombs, beams and sunlight.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Or stay in exactly the same spot when you start the mission, order them to form on your wing and make a large square ship like an Orion warp in, just missing your rear by a few metres... :drevil:

How about a Sathanas? :drevil:

I think they're literally covering you, i.e, shielding you from enemy fire, missiles, bombs, beams and sunlight.

Well, the "Cover Me" command is basically the same as "Protect My Target", so what they do is fly circles around you. If they target you and see those dots indicating that an enemy is targeting you, they break and attack your attacker.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Or stay in exactly the same spot when you start the mission, order them to form on your wing and make a large square ship like an Orion warp in, just missing your rear by a few metres... :drevil:

How about a Sathanas? :drevil:

Well, the "Cover Me" command is basically the same as "Protect My Target", so what they do is fly circles around you. If they target you and see those dots indicating that an enemy is targeting you, they break and attack your attacker.

How nice of them

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
If you're moving, however, they'll fly in formation around you instead, which is almost the same as "Form On My Wing", only that they will pursue your attackers instead of flying at your speed and letting your enemies smoke them. :drevil:
My blog

MP-Ryan