Author Topic: Lilith  (Read 65273 times)

Offline Excalibur

• Forsee a new beginning.
But then the Lilith would go past, and it would be disabled, then destroyed by the flak.

What do you think of this?     http://www.freakygaming.com/gallery/game_art/lineage_2/lilith.jpg

As for this, the 13th result for "Lilith class cruiser":

[attachment deleted by admin]
His legacy will last until the beginning.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I think the Lilith would fall behind, the Aeolus would be like "Eat mai dust lol" and then the Lilith would shove an LRed up its ass.

Offline Al Tarket

• A resident nutcase from Jerusalem.
    • An FSO Modification site
lol, the aeolus tech room descriptions dont count you cheated to get them. so can not be counted as canon, unless interplay came back and said yes by cheating that is canon to the storyarc... unless i see truth to that. i dont think this argument will go away.

enough of the aeolus cruiser from me.
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Judge these words wisely and you might make it through this cruel world.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
lol, the aeolus tech room descriptions dont count you cheated to get them. so can not be counted as canon, unless interplay came back and said yes by cheating that is canon to the storyarc... unless i see truth to that. i dont think this argument will go away.
Still, if there is nothing to say it ain't true, it should be considered canon. It's in the game. It's just like how the Ganymede is canon, even though it didn't appear in the main campaign.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I concur with Snail and disagree with Al Tarket. I believe the Aeolus techroom description, like V's statement that the hallfight Shivans are the real Shivans and not some kind of robot or pet, is canon in spite of the fact that it never appears in the main game narrative.

Still, if there is nothing to say it ain't true, it should be considered canon. It's in the game. It's just like how the Ganymede is canon, even though it didn't appear in the main campaign.

Eh, but that's what people are saying. It's NOT in the game, because it never appears in the game. The Ganymede appears in multiplayer, the tech description for the Aeolus does not.

But really, who cares??? People making campaigns are going to use it anyway, no difference either way. People are arguing about nothing.

I concur with Snail and disagree with Al Tarket. I believe the Aeolus techroom description, like V's statement that the hallfight Shivans are the real Shivans and not some kind of robot or pet, is canon in spite of the fact that it never appears in the main game narrative.

I don't really see how that's comparable. Since the species description for the shivans in FS2 shows that same model. The whole pet/robot thing is speculation on the part of the player. Why anyone would assume that they weren't shivans is beyond me anyway.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
      Eh, but that's what people are saying. It's NOT in the game, because it never appears in the game. The Ganymede appears in multiplayer, the tech description for the Aeolus does not.
Put it this way: The statement "There are only 24 Aeolus cruisers built" is MORE canon*, if you will, than a statement to the contrary.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
(and lol @ the NGE Lilith)

Arrh, I knew I saw it somewhere. I just couldn't recall it at that moment. Neon Genesis Evangelion is pretty old, but it's still being referenced here and there. :yes:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

I don't really see how that's comparable. Since the species description for the shivans in FS2 shows that same model. The whole pet/robot thing is speculation on the part of the player. Why anyone would assume that they weren't shivans is beyond me anyway.

Because if you take a good, long look at what we know about the Shivans, there is no reason -- aside from V's statement -- to believe that those creatures were actually Shivans as opposed to sophisticated Shivan sentries, or Shivans in power armor, or the white cells in the corridors of a living Shivan vessel.

The fact that the same image is used in the FS2 techroom entry is because it's the only image the GTVA has of the Shivans.

Material written by V describing the Freespace universe is generally considered canon, except where it specifically contradicts something seen in the games. The Aeolus tech description is just such material.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Material written by V describing the Freespace universe is generally considered canon, except where it specifically contradicts something seen in the games. The Aeolus tech description is just such material.
Where in the game does its tech description contradict with anything?

The way I see it, the TD is written by V, and comes under a canon heading. The fact that the TD is not seen is irrelevant to me because V wrote the TD, and just because we don't see it doesn't mind that we can discount the TD as non canon. And this is off topic, by the way. Make a new topic if you wanna discuss it.

Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Because if you take a good, long look at what we know about the Shivans, there is no reason -- aside from V's statement -- to believe that those creatures were actually Shivans as opposed to sophisticated Shivan sentries, or Shivans in power armor, or the white cells in the corridors of a living Shivan vessel.

Eh, I don't get it. Some marines board some Shivan ship, they're attacked by creatures. The creatures must be shivans. It's that simple. Occam's Razor or whatever.

What information exactly would lead anyone to believe anything to the contrary? What exactly DO we know about the shivans? Even the FS2 tech description tells very little beyond the hive mentality theory.

Offline Al Tarket

• A resident nutcase from Jerusalem.
    • An FSO Modification site
so you take it at face value and ignore comments? then by all means im finished here. information like all things are not always 100% accurate no matter if it came from the horses mouth because there will always be a few things that wont be mentioned about that such thing. and you take it at face value and slap a sticker on it calling it canon. then what is canon? something someone made up to say "ok look apparently their are ONLY 24 aeoli and i will not listen to propaganda about 25 or 23. then i start driveling on a about something to do with shivan exo-skeleton which has no bareing on this arguement" and just for the fun of it taking a cheap shot to try throw my comment off. go ahead.
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Judge these words wisely and you might make it through this cruel world.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
blah blah blah

Put it this way: The statement "There are only 24 Aeolus cruisers built" is MORE canon*, if you will, than a statement to the contrary.

On the note of there being 25, I wouldn't count the simulated ones as actually existing.  Somehow I doubt that there would be a cruiser named the GTC Alpha :doubt:

On the note of there being 25, I wouldn't count the simulated ones as actually existing.  Somehow I doubt that there would be a cruiser named the GTC Alpha :doubt:

There are cruiser-sized transports named Omega, why not a cruiser named Alpha?
        But personally I wouldn't count the simulate ships either. Holodeck or hwatever.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
There are 21 that actually count, and 2 (from Aeolus Duel) that are simulated, for a total of 23. See the GTC Aelous talk page. Lists them all.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Of course, it says 24 were put in service with GTVA fleets, which proves nothing about any non-fleet organizations, the possiblity they might have been sold to non-military concerns (might still be governmental though), or possibly a number of them went direct from the shipyards to mothballs due to temporary insanity on the part of those responsible for military procurement. (Or perhaps the GTVA has a reserve force they don't normally keep active?)
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Where in the game does its tech description contradict with anything?

The way I see it, the TD is written by V, and comes under a canon heading. The fact that the TD is not seen is irrelevant to me because V wrote the TD, and just because we don't see it doesn't mind that we can discount the TD as non canon. And this is off topic, by the way. Make a new topic if you wanna discuss it

I'm agreeing with you. It was just a poorly worded post. I was saying the Aeolus techroom description is canon, and does not specifically contradict anything seen in the games.

so you take it at face value and ignore comments? then by all means im finished here. information like all things are not always 100% accurate no matter if it came from the horses mouth because there will always be a few things that wont be mentioned about that such thing. and you take it at face value and slap a sticker on it calling it canon. then what is canon? something someone made up to say "ok look apparently their are ONLY 24 aeoli and i will not listen to propaganda about 25 or 23. then i start driveling on a about something to do with shivan exo-skeleton which has no bareing on this arguement" and just for the fun of it taking a cheap shot to try throw my comment off. go ahead.

I don't understand what you're saying or who you're saying it to. In case you are unclear on this point, the techroom description about there being only 24 Aeolus cruisers produced was written by Volition, not made up by the community.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
If it's from :v:, it's canon. Simple as that.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Basically, yeah.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action