Author Topic: How does it end??  (Read 7980 times)

Offline eicca

I've played Blue Planet acts 1 and 2, and I've read Morrigan in Shadow and that was incredible (reading will have to take place of playing since I just can't get into it if there's no voice acting).

NOW WHAT?!?

This is more legit than Freespace 3.

Offline rance

Well you'll just have to wait and see.

By the way you can play the un-voiced parts with your computer speaking the lines, I strongly recommend you do as those missions are awesome.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I will say that BP3 branches off a different ending from Morrigan in Shadow, because in BP proper the cosmology is slightly different and you've got Vishnans and Vasudans to account for.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
NOW WHAT?!?

Patience is a virtue ...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

i've been privy to some pretty sensitive information in my time and i'll tell you this: you're not going to BELIEVE who wins the alliance-federation peace dance-off
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

i've been privy to some pretty sensitive information in my time and i'll tell you this: you're not going to BELIEVE who wins the alliance-federation peace dance-off

Is it the king of all Oompa-Loompas?

Offline Luis Dias

No, it's alpha one. Come on, that was so easy even I was able to figure it out.

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
How does it end??
It doesn't. (Yet) :P
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
If **** ain't happening we will talk about posting a thrilling forum fic to wrap it all up.

Offline Damage

• I'm a Major.
Project Shambhala coincides with a GTA-run recon op into (theoretically) Vishnan-controlled territory, wherein LaPorte and company learn they are actually autonomous personas in a simulated reality.
I didn't feel like putting anything here.  Then I did it anyway just to be contrary.

Offline QuakeIV

• test
To speculate on the answer to that, I'm reasonably certain the UEF has doomed humanity, assuming the GTVA hadn't taken care of that already.  We kinda missed our ticket to being useful, just like all those other guys that got wiped out.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 02:14:29 am by QuakeIV »

Offline -Norbert-

How will it end? In Fire :P

Offline Doko

With you wanting more.

"It's impossible, Simms!" cries Noemi. "No one can match the dance moves of Steele's Serkr Team!"

All hope seems lost. Once more, Admiral Steele has calculated victory, snatched from the jaws of improbability.

A voice rings out. It's gloating tones are familiar to Noemi although she's not sure from when or where. But it's an impossible champion for an improbable challenge.

"Noemi, you're so stupid - it's me, your brother."

Offline rance

"It's impossible, Simms!" cries Noemi. "No one can match the dance moves of Steele's Serkr Team!"

All hope seems lost. Once more, Admiral Steele has calculated victory, snatched from the jaws of improbability.

A voice rings out. It's gloating tones are familiar to Noemi although she's not sure from when or where. But it's an impossible champion for an improbable challenge.

"Noemi, you're so stupid - it's me, your brother."

Ricardo's movements like an amorphous blob of ants both black and red both intertwined towards the common goal, the macarena.

Also Shamballa is a giant speaker system that uses quantum pulses to play the music directly into your very brain.

I don't speak often on these forums. But I remain very much invested in the story of Blue Planet and where it ends up. Not to mention the gameplay really is something else.

Well you'll just have to wait and see.

By the way you can play the un-voiced parts with your computer speaking the lines, I strongly recommend you do as those missions are awesome.

Bleh.  No thank you.  I can't take anything seriously with Microsoft Samantha saying it.

Having no voice acting never bothered me that much; I'm a very fast reader so I can just glance at the text and go back to flying.

I think Freespace uses MS Anna though. And yeah, BP even puts the text right in the middle so it's easier to read and if you miss something you can always just read the log.
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline eicca

I wish I could get past my need for VA but for me it's half the experience, especially when it's very well done like in WiH.