Author Topic: Braha'tok Gunship  (Read 23922 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Looks like it has 4 engines mounted (2 each side) out away from the hull in the top and bottom pics but then there is no sign of them in the middle pic.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

There are only two of those boxes, and they're both on the top. You can see them in the side profile as two slender squares rising above the profile. My guess is that the engine(s) is underneath the ship where there's an opening.

Here's an update, with a fighter for size comparison. It's not very big, but it has a lot of weapons for its size. Eight laser turrets and eight missile launchers. I guess it's the rebel equivalent to the Lancer.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Is that a cloakshape I spot?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Yeah. Last weekend I was studying for a final exam and got bored. Needless to say, I don't think I did too well on my exam.

Can you add an original Cloakshape to this mod? :P
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

An update:

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Well it looks a little less phallic now :)
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Online Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
It's also visible in the background in Sullust. Or at least I think it's the same ship.

The Braha'tok gunship was for many years known just as the "Y-head corvette".

It can actually be seen in that scene at Sullust, but it's not the the one you think, but this one:

(upper right part of the image, above the small engine of Home One)

As for the model, I like what I see :yes:
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

It looks like the whole back end is an engine. Thanks for the pic, Col. Fishguts.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
And what's below it? Frankly, I don't recognize it.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Droid803

One of the Home One's engines from the looks of it.
(´・ω・`)

It's not covered in armour, so it looks seperate from the rest of Home One.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Yeah Home One is huge and has a great variety of engines.  Here's the gunship's appearances, for anyone who hasn't already watched this video obsessively:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGMvadAFqLQ

0:07 & 2:25

...news flash at 2:02

Online Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Here are two more reference pics I found on my backup HDD.

On the second pic it can bee seen head on in front of the 2nd Death Star.

"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Here's an udate. Its occured to me that there isn't really any room to put turrets on this thing.

Offline CountBuggula

• Fate of the Galaxy
Here's an udate. Its occured to me that there isn't really any room to put turrets on this thing.

Great job on these updates!  I love seeing updates on this site that isn't people arguing about steam!

Well...if we ignore the recently made-up EU stuff about this ship, what could it be for?  ECM or AWACS?  The dishes on the sides could certainly lend themselves to that, and the stuff sticking out above the dishes could easily be some sort of antennae array.

Great job on these updates!  I love seeing updates on this site that isn't people arguing about steam!
Steam sucks lol. :P
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Droid803

Make the turrets small?  :nervous:
(´・ω・`)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
It's a gunship.  It has to have guns.  If there is no room for turrets you'll just have to add a lot of windows for R2-pack to roll down and fire out of. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
If there is no room for turrets you'll just have to add a lot of windows for R2-pack to roll down and fire out of. 

I lol'd.