Author Topic: TBP 3.5 Work in Progress (Split from Star Fury Pilot Unofficial Patch 2.0 released!)  (Read 115463 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: TBP 3.5 Work in Progress (Split from Star Fury Pilot Unofficial Patch 2.0 released!)
The big problem is that I have a very slow connection and have been rather busy this month. Things seem to be calming down though and I finally have a stable (if slow) connection that would allow me to upload stuff overnight.

I'm going to get as many issues as I can sorted this week and then upload. But believe me, SVN is definitely not the bottleneck here.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline wesp5

Re: TBP 3.5 Work in Progress (Split from Star Fury Pilot Unofficial Patch 2.0 released!)
I'm going to get as many issues as I can sorted this week and then upload.

Fantastic! And you already have something to upload? Will this be the complete new version 3.5 or some excerpts for testing?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 05:49:35 am by wesp5 »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
It won't be TBP 3.5.

It will be the unpacked files with as many errors corrected as I can deal with in the time I have. Once that is up, then other people can start helping.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
Quick question from me lurking around...       is this the same SVN that FUBAR and myself where using to work on Zathras or unrelated to that?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Unrelated. You guys had an SVN repo? Can you still access it?

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Well we'd have to target 3.7.6 not 3.7.5

Bearing in mind if you do target a specific build - sensible enough - you will have to endure self superior tit wanks lecturing you in five years time that you didn't target the specific build released that week. Before they start talking about targeting specific builds. Come to think of it. It's somewhat circular. It's like Groundhog Day. Only with more bare faced hypocrisy.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Well we'd have to target 3.7.6 not 3.7.5

Bearing in mind if you do target a specific build - sensible enough - you will have to endure self superior tit wanks lecturing you in five years time that you didn't target the specific build released that week. Before they start talking about targeting specific builds. Come to think of it. It's somewhat circular. It's like Groundhog Day. Only with more bare faced hypocrisy.

"I got so mad over other people fixing my bugs with 0 harm to any of my work that I spent a decade freaking out about it" is unfortunately a bit long for a custom title

Offline wesp5

Okay, so another month has gone by. Any updates?

Just checking in for any progress reports.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Made a small amount of progress but not a huge amount. Hopefully I'll have more time next month.

Offline Slasher

Unrelated. You guys had an SVN repo? Can you still access it?

Did anyone ever get back to you about this? FUBAR's SVN is still up.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
No one ever did on that score. Can you send me the details?

Offline Slasher

I sent you and FUBAR a PM. Since I believe FUBAR set the SVN up specifically for this kind of work, I don't think there will be a problem.

Just checking to see if any progress has been made for TBP 3.5 working in 3.7.5?  I have been holding off playing if as to take advantage of any improvements.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
A little but not a huge amount. I've been concentrating on the whole PR drive for HLP as a whole this month rather than much modding. I'm going to see if I can get it into a workable state by this time next month though.

Offline wesp5

PR drive for HLP

So what is that then?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=93134.0

If you've got any ideas how or where to push TBP, post them.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
For SVN, I would talk to rev_posix and/or Zacam, I think they might still be setting that up for HLP mods that need it for dev.  For distribution, FSFiles and FSMods should both still be usable.  Not sure if they would support hotlinking for installation via a web installer though.  Is that what you were asking?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I meant more about how to advertise we exist to B5 fans.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Ah, that kind of push.  Where do they often congregate?  Could use reviews of the DVD collection on amazon maybe, reddit, imgur...
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays