Author Topic: FAQ updates  (Read 1291 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Anyone eagle-eyed might have spotted this one already but I've made a few changes to the FAQ.

1) Links for the FS1, FS2 and Silent Threat Cutscenes are back. Many thanks to DW-Hunter and Skippy for hosting them.

2) I've added a guide to installing FS2, FS2_Open and mods. It's partially culled from the wiki but is mostly my work. It's still a WIP (I've not even proof-read it yet) but seeing as how I was letting you know that the cutscenes have been updated I thought I'd mention it.

Once I get some feedback on what works and what doesn't I'll fold the guide back into the relevent wiki pages (I prefer to work in HTML and then convert to the wiki whenever I can cause I can leave things half done and go to bed with HTML :D )
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Christopherger

• Beyond Infinity Space Becomes Closer
    • 3D Worlds and Game Developers Research Group
Updated FAQ looks great Karajorma, thanks so much for doing that, the link for the
cutscenes is live and fast.

My one remaining question relates to the best place to put the load, as you warn us
NOT to use a file location name with a space in the name.....so don't use C:/Program Files/
where SHOULD we put it? in C:/      ?? 

looks great and is a huge help to the learner which I certainly am, willing but still a learner.

Thanks
Admin
3D Worlds and Game Developers Group  Linedin
"We Build Worlds"

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
C:\Games would probably be the logical alternative. In fact I think that's where FS2 defaults to putting it. Doesn't really matter as long as it doesn't have a space or hyphen in it.

Offline Christopherger

• Beyond Infinity Space Becomes Closer
    • 3D Worlds and Game Developers Research Group
yes, when I loaded the FS1 demo it created a games folder right where you said. thanks much appreciated and thanks for all the hard work on the FAQ....an great resource. :)
Admin
3D Worlds and Game Developers Group  Linedin
"We Build Worlds"

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
If no one else has any corrections I'll move the guide over to the wiki this weekend (taking care of the single dead link while I'm at it).