Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 573351 times)

Offline Shade

That would be mine. It's actually an elevated railroad for minecarts, just haven't laid down the track yet. And it does end... just rather far away ;)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
yeah...I just found the end.  That's a lot of cobblestone!

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
How far did you go, Shade?
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Shade

I think it's about 1200m long, but I honestly lost track. Start to end in a straight line would be somewhat shorter, but it isn't a straight line. You can always follow it and see though - Even though I've yet to lay the tracks, the structure is complete now (aside from some columns but that's just for eyecandy), and I've finished the station at the valley end so there's an easy point to get onto it there.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I haven't seen this yet. What are the coords of the start of the bridge?

Come to think of it, I have yet to actually see anyone else on the server.

Offline Shade

Well, if the last time you looked wasn't sometime in the last two hours, the station wasn't there ;) I'll post the coords next time I'm there though - Right now I'm busy laying track. I think I might just have enough iron and gold to finish one of the two tracks, which would be really nice to get done.

[Edit: X40, Y70, Z40 - Quite close to the initial spawn point in the valley. Almost done laying tracks by the way, so if you drop in I'll give you a cart and you can go for a ride :D]

[Another Edit: First track complete! And I'm out of iron, so the second will be a while. But even so, YAY. Works in the direction from the valley to the lagoon, not the other way, due to the way boosters are set up on inclines (as in, there aren't any if you try going the wrong way, so you'll slide back down)]

[Final Edit: Took a ride from the valley to the lagoon to test the track. Works perfectly, though the distance is great enough it takes a while even in a minecart. Also, far station complete-ish - You can see my house from there if you've got rendering distance on far, if anyone wants to take a look that hasn't already. No burning it to the ground though :p Anyway, that's what I call a day's work, so time for some sleep]
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 04:40:06 pm by Shade »

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I found out a way to get iron on my singlplayer map... go very very far in search of natural caverns. I have 9 iron blocks for 2 hours of exploring I think.

I have yet to find a way to get unstuck on the server... please help?

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I found out a way to get iron on my singlplayer map... go very very far in search of natural caverns. I have 9 iron blocks for 2 hours of exploring I think.

I have yet to find a way to get unstuck on the server... please help?

you're stuck on the server? What happens when you type "/home" into chat?

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.

Or find the nearest hill, and remove it.  You'll find some iron during that, methinks. :P

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
My fortress is complete. Everyone come by and take a look at it, especially the Mortuary!

EDIT: Note: I had a sign that said "NO CREEPERS ALLOWED" which was, ironically enough, destroyed by creepers when I was trying to take screenshots.

Next up is probably adding either a subway or monorail to town.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 11:53:43 pm by thesizzler »

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
you're stuck on the server? What happens when you type "/home" into chat?
I don't even know how to do stuff like that...
I'm very new to Minecraft, next time I'll look up commands on the Internet

Or find the nearest hill, and remove it.  You'll find some iron during that, methinks. :P
I'm very fond of my hills...

Not necessarily.  Iron doesn't spawn too high above sea level, so you can bring down a mountain and wind up with little more than mud, stone, and a pile of coal.

Usually, when I start a new world, I dig my first night's shelter into the side of a low hill, and then I start digging a stairway (sometimes spiral, sometimes straight) to bedrock.  By the time I get there, I've usually got enough iron to produce a couple of steel pickaxes, so I start grid mining near the bottom for diamond, and more iron reveals itself along the way.

Incidentally, I started a new singleplayer world, since my previous world dated back to Alpha.  Within two hours, I had four diamonds stashed at my shelter.  Any faster, and I think I'd be reclassified a boring machine.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Why does it keep saying I don't have permission to use stuff on the server?
I haven't really messed with anything, I just dug a small hole into sand to make a temporary home.

Offline Shade

That's a bug. We're all getting the message. You should be able to use most things just fine in spite of it appearing.

Oh, and the hotkey for typing stuff is 'T', presumably for 'talk'. If in doubt about any other commands (not that there are many), you can view or change all of them in the options screen under 'Controls...'.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.

Not necessarily.  Iron doesn't spawn too high above sea level, so you can bring down a mountain and wind up with little more than mud, stone, and a pile of coal.

I guess my mountains are awesome then, because in the process of leveling the ~25 meter hill that my underground fortress occupies the base of, I dug up something like two full stacks of iron and four of coal.

It was a big hill.

Offline Shade

By the way, for those whose minecraft handle isn't close to their HLP nickname, who is who? I've made some connections, but there are others I have no clue about (or may not even be from HLP as far as I know). Mine's fairly obvious, in that it is Shade there as well, just with a slight suffix.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
My username is same one I use everywhere.
I've only ever seen someone leave the server, though. I'm always alone. At least it's easier to use beds that way. :lol:

Offline Shade

I think I read somewhere that if every player on a server uses a bed at the same time, it'll go to daytime just as when you're alone. I'll make sure to get my beauty sleep it everyone else does, too ;)

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
yep, it does
or I could just type /time set 0
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
By the way, for those whose minecraft handle isn't close to their HLP nickname, who is who? I've made some connections, but there are others I have no clue about (or may not even be from HLP as far as I know). Mine's fairly obvious, in that it is Shade there as well, just with a slight suffix.

I am funtapaz.

Also, server appears down.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz