Author Topic: JAD  (Read 8581 times)

Offline Axem

On one hand, the secret to JAD is cheating. Not www.freespace2.com cheats, but out thinking FRED when he tries to construct his "foolproof" plans.

Anyway is the Ares thing a problem with the MediaVP model? JAD doesn't require the MediaVPs, try it out without them and see if the Ares is still impossible to kill. If it is... then he gets CHANGED.

I've also taken note of some other things you guys are reporting for any updates I do to the campaigns.

Offline Timerlane

• Overseer of Slag Determination
From what I recall reading from other people, everything in that particular mission was lacking collision detection. I, personally, had no problems, though(and was using the 3.6.10 MVPs).

I did also recently note that there are subtle hints on the F4 Objectives screen. "Brackets", "Makes the galaxy go round", etc; so, if anyone's stuck, that might be worth checking.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
On JAD3 I got stuck on that mission where the neo vasudan front ships turn into the wierd transformers thing. Any thoughts?
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline Nuclear1

I think he's talking about the one with the POWER LEVELS ARE OVER 9000!
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Frak, sorry. I said a thing but then deleted the post because it was dumb. I believe that's what nuke there is referring to.

Offline Kosh

I'm talking about the one where after they transform into that thing they make some comment about the power cord, so everything is turned off. After that happened it gives you a believe in yourself speech and I had no clue what to do.......
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error

Offline Nuclear1

Spoiler:
The Shivan CommNode at the center is appropriately named "WEAK POINT AIM FOR THIS"
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I'm talking about the one where after they transform into that thing they make some comment about the power cord, so everything is turned off. After that happened it gives you a believe in yourself speech and I had no clue what to do.......

This is an Evanglion homage.

It's an Angel.

Shoot the core.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Timerlane

• Overseer of Slag Determination
Also, IIRC, the AA beams on the ships are active, so you might want to bring along some Maxims or Trebs to snipe with.

Offline Nuclear1

It's an Angel.

Shoot the core.

IN SPOILERS IN SPOILERS!

DAMMIT NGTM-1R YOU RUINED CHRISTMAS :(

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
From what I recall reading from other people, everything in that particular mission was lacking collision detection.

Yes, absolutely everything in that mission lacks collision detection for me. I can fly inside the Colossus, the Lucifer, and the Hecate. Shots pass right through me, and everything else.

It just so happens the Ares is the only thing you really need to kill.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
IN SPOILERS IN SPOILERS!

DAMMIT NGTM-1R YOU RUINED CHRISTMAS :(

Oh screw you! There's a statue of limitations on this ****! AERIS DIES! NICOLE KIDMAN IS A GHOST! IT WAS HIS SLED! DARTH VADER IS LUKE'S DAD. :P

Besides, simply saying "it's an Evangelion Homage/it's an Angel" does not prepare you in any way for what that mission actually does.

A Feddie Story

I doubt your first and last "spoilers" are really spoilers, considering they are so old and well-known.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I doubt your first and last "spoilers" are really spoilers, considering they are so old and well-known.

That would be the point.

And actually the oldest one on the list is IT WAS HIS SLED.

A Feddie Story

Well, I have no clue what "It was his sled." is from.  Same with "Nicole Kidman is a ghost.".
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

And actually the oldest one on the list is IT WAS HIS SLED.

My first and only guess was "The Giver" but that's a long shot since I don't think that's technically a spoiler.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Well, I have no clue what "It was his sled." is from.  Same with "Nicole Kidman is a ghost.".

Citizen Kane. The whole scene is actually a plothole, though, since nobody was around to hear his final words. Point that out to a film professor sometime if you want them to go hysterical.

The other one would be from the Patrick Swazye vehicle Ghost. I think. Early 90's movies sort of blend together in my head.

A Feddie Story

Offline Nuclear1

That was Demi Moore in Ghost :p

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
That was Demi Moore in Ghost :p

Like I said, early 90s. :p

A Feddie Story

Offline Kosh

It's an Angel.

Shoot the core.

I've never heard of Evanglion.......

Brain I/O error