Author Topic: Why did none of the FS1 Shivans have beam cannons?-and other FS1 story questions  (Read 10250 times)

Re: Why did none of the FS1 Shivans have beam cannons?-and other FS1 story questions
nano-tech maintenance with fusion / anti-matter / dark energy / what have you as power source and a supply of repair materials that the nano-bots could use?

it's like a checklist of SF buzzwords people don't understand
tachyons

Re: Why did none of the FS1 Shivans have beam cannons?-and other FS1 story questions
Aren't tachyons a bit outdated as a buzzword? I haven't heard it pop out in years.
What jr2 said, on the other hand ...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
I actually meant to say 'zero-point' energy... is there some sort of 'dark energy' that's being talked of too?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_energy

Zero point energy also belongs on that list, though, it's completely misunderstood

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
nano-tech maintenance with fusion / anti-matter / dark energy / what have you as power source and a supply of repair materials that the nano-bots could use?

it's like a checklist of SF buzzwords people don't understand
tachyons
I love each and everyone of these words
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Space Magic.

A Space Wizard Did It.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
the nanites constantly run a diagnostic on the portal.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
nanites are probably best thought of as the means by which the on board system effect repairs to physical components, diagnostics and software maintenance would be best done by redundant arrays of some sort
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Guys, I think we had best reverse the polarity of the particle grid first.

just sayin'
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Nanomachines. Nanomachines. Nanomachines. Nanomachines. Nano machines. Nanomachines? Nanomachines. Nanomachines. Nanomachines. Uhhh...I don't remember the sun being so flat. Nanomachines nanomachines nanomachines. Nanomachines. The nanomachines. The nanomachines!? Nanomachines. Raiden! It's like one of my Japanese animes! Snake, it's my turn to protect you. BLUURGHGHRGH. Hang in there! The nanomachines. Nanomachines. Naaanoooomaaachiiiiines. Where's the Pix? AAAAAAAA Is that it? You mean...Shadow Moses? Shadow Moses!? Shadow Moses? Shadow Moses. What is it, Snake? Like Shakespeare said, naught's had, all's spent, when our desire is spent without content. Basically it means that ANIME everything all right Snake? I was...having that dream again. Nanomachines. Nanomachines. Nanomachines. You...Psycho Mantis!? What, you don't like girls? Nanomachines. Nanomachines! The nanomachines, asshole! Marry me! No, marry me! Sure. aaawooowhahahaaaaaawuuuuwaaaaaaaaaa. UNGH NANO MACHINES. you're still in a dream snaaaaaake eeeaaaatteeeeer. Nano nano nano machines. Big Boss!? How can you still be alive? Nanomachines.

dun dun dun dun DUN DUN DUN DUN

dun dun dun dun

dun dun dun dun da da dun

Did you rike it?

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
* General Battuta is now known as Nanomachine Core.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
* General Battuta is now known as Nanomachine Core.

Nanocores?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

* General Battuta is now known as JD.
Fixed!!!

As far as the start of the T-V war,  It says in the tech room that the Vasudans have a protocol known as "The Conversation"  and a terran mishandeled this so called "Conversation", not just an outright translation error MAY have started the war.  Its not explained exactly what "The Conversation" is.  I'm assuming its not just a conversation like 2 terrans  talking amongst each other, but something far more complex especially if it started a war!  Is there any canon information on what "The Conversation" is or do we speculate??!  Initiation ritual??! 21st Birthday party??!  Losing Virginity??!

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Nanomachines. Nanomachines. Nanomachines. Nanomachines. Nano machines. Nanomachines? Nanomachines. Nanomachines. Nanomachines. Uhhh...I don't remember the sun being so flat. Nanomachines nanomachines nanomachines. Nanomachines. The nanomachines. The nanomachines!? Nanomachines. Raiden! It's like one of my Japanese animes! Snake, it's my turn to protect you. BLUURGHGHRGH. Hang in there! The nanomachines. Nanomachines. Naaanoooomaaachiiiiines. Where's the Pix? AAAAAAAA Is that it? You mean...Shadow Moses? Shadow Moses!? Shadow Moses? Shadow Moses. What is it, Snake? Like Shakespeare said, naught's had, all's spent, when our desire is spent without content. Basically it means that ANIME everything all right Snake? I was...having that dream again. Nanomachines. Nanomachines. Nanomachines. You...Psycho Mantis!? What, you don't like girls? Nanomachines. Nanomachines! The nanomachines, asshole! Marry me! No, marry me! Sure. aaawooowhahahaaaaaawuuuuwaaaaaaaaaa. UNGH NANO MACHINES. you're still in a dream snaaaaaake eeeaaaatteeeeer. Nano nano nano machines. Big Boss!? How can you still be alive? Nanomachines.

dun dun dun dun

Did you rike it?

You forgot to mention being equipped with FOOD and "HURT ME SNAKE".

For shame  :nono:
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
 :nervous:

Offline Snail

• SC 5

dun dun dun dun

Did you rike it?
Hi Mobius

Offline Cyker

Armies of Nanomachines *WITH TINY LITTLE SOLDERING IRONS*

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
* General Battuta is now known as JD.
Fixed!!!

As far as the start of the T-V war,  It says in the tech room that the Vasudans have a protocol known as "The Conversation"  and a terran mishandeled this so called "Conversation", not just an outright translation error MAY have started the war.  Its not explained exactly what "The Conversation" is.  I'm assuming its not just a conversation like 2 terrans  talking amongst each other, but something far more complex especially if it started a war!  Is there any canon information on what "The Conversation" is or do we speculate??!  Initiation ritual??! 21st Birthday party??!  Losing Virginity??!

It's mentioned in the tech room in a few places that the Vasudans have a highly complex language with multiple permutation of phrase depending on thins like the season and the relationship of the people involved to the Emperor

On atomic machines.

THEY WILL RULE THE WORLD AND THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO BUT SUBMIT OR DIE!!!!!!!
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Nanomachines.

If this isn't already a youtube video, it needs to be.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Nanomachines.

If this isn't already a youtube video, it needs to be.

NANOMACHINES nano machines the nano machines raiden! mooooooooo the nanomachines