Author Topic: Great Skills  (Read 1137 times)

It seems like there's a large gap between what some people consider difficult and easy on this board. There are people who have trouble completing the main FS1 campaign and people who could go to one of those cyberathlete conventions and beat all the people who play Halo 12 hours a day. So, I have a few questions.

1. Have you completed the Gauntlet missions? How many? On what difficulty? (Does FS2 have Gauntlet missions or is it just Fs1?)
2. How many kills do you have?
3. How long have you been playing FS? How long have you been playing video games "seriously" (i.e. trying to beat the game and not just playing around with it on super-easy difficulty)?
4. What game are you best at?
5. How well do you do multiplayer?

My answers:
1. I finished all of them on Cheats, of course, but I'm still working on finishing the Vasudan Gauntlet on medium difficulty. I haven't completed the other ones on anything higher than Very Easy.
2. Well, I've played the game off an on, uninstalling and reinstalling, so if I had to add up my kills it would probably be around 400. I don't think kills are an indicator of skill so much as how long you've been playing the game and how much you like to wipe out hordes of Anubises on Very Easy.
3. I played it for a long time when I was 10-11, but never really got into it and I let the game collect dust. I started playing it "seriously" a month or so ago. I've been trying to beat games since about two years ago.
4. People's General, the game is old but its so damn easy once you get the hang of the AI. The first time I played the US campaign through I finished all the missions with Brilliant Victory on the first try.
5. I play BF1942 ocassionally on multiplayer, and I trade about even. I used to be pretty good with Desert Combat until I stupidly uninstalled it and now I can't download it again because of my dialup internet.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I for one always attempt games on uber-hardest, then lower the skill incrmentally until i find a balnce of effort and fun. Most games should wean you into it anyway regardless of what setting you have it on so i go for death or glory from the start. :D
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
Lets see...

1. None of them... :-P i dont like gauntlets much unless i got 100 respawns
2. Probably 800-ish... Lieutenant Junior Grade
3. About 2 years or so... playing seriously for the last yearish... after playing some The Sims 2 legacy challenges (which changed my gaming life because I rarely cheat anymore)
4. Probably Freespace 2 or The Sims 2
5. I dont play MP... no ethernet cable into my room... :-(
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.