Author Topic: RELEASE: Homesick, a 30+ mission campaign  (Read 132694 times)

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
RELEASE: Homesick, a 30+ mission campaign
yes, so far i like homesick a LOT :) tis aweseme!!
A alphabetically be in organised sentences should words.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Great campaign Blaise... Loved it...

The story is great, alltough there were several minor holes..

Like it seemes that all of you fighters have system-system jump drives, which are very expensive and limited to specail squadrons in the GTVA only...
Capships tend to create a field around htem when jumping, so they can pull some fighters with them.
However, the two pirate crusiers(who don't carry fighters) and two wings that followed you trough the node were all that jumped. Suddenly the pirates have hunderds of fighters they thow at you, trough multiple systems..

The other thing is that only a cataclismic explosion will sela a jump node. The Bastion was loaded with Meson bobmbs, and the Lucy had 5 super-reactors that blew up.

Other than that, a great campaign! Thumbs up!
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
-and also that all of a sudden, just by scanning you find BUNCHES of undiscovered nodes :doubt: but still good...

trashman: maybe that node was already slightly unstable...? meh.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
It was. Blaise has explained that one before.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
OK, just played this, and I must say I really liked it. :yes: Great story, entirely lacking BoE or other crappy missions, and really good ending...

However, I do have some serious complaints (I want to speak to the manager!! :hopping: :D). There seem to be some serious issues with the campaign file. Several times, I completed missions, only to click "accept" on the debrief screen and be sent straight back to the start of the same mission! This happened several times, and I had to resort to messing with the campaign file to progress. I found this incredibly annoying, as it spoiled the whole flow of the campaign for me.

There are a number of missions which were simply impossible to complete. This was due to being overwhelmed by enemies (looking at the missions in FRED shows that I was being attacked by 2 wings of Herc2s and/or Myrmidons with Colonel AI levels) and not surviving long enough to complete the objectives. I played it on Medium (my usual difficulty setting), and there were a few missions I simply could not survive, or failed because I spent all my time flying evasive action rather than protecting the Custodian and Shield. (The missions around the GTVI installation and the subsequent nebula chase). This may simply mean that I'm crap (I haven't read everyone's comments), but I found it immensely frustrating, as these situations didn't start happening until a long way into the campaign, and I really didn't want to have to replay all the earlier missions just to get past these few.

There were also a few missions with missing debriefs. That aside, this was a great campaign, and I'm looking forward to playing your other ones. :)
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Can you beat the last mission?
When you look away this message is in spanish.

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
pyro: yes, that happens to me too. i dont know why... it shouldnt.

also, with the medium difficulty and the inability to beat the missions: it took me like 6 tries to beat them (also on medium) but i did. the GTVI installation missions i actually beat in 2 trys (first time i got stuck in a ganymeded and was down to 30% hull when i got out... owch) i found them rather easy... the nebula chases were HARD though. i HATED those!

but the hardest (so far) is the 'once again unto the breach' level, i always die there! and i also die on the one hwere youre sitting there fighting strung out shivans...  THAT is hard!

so, IMO were both on medium, and those are just hard levels. but theyre beatable (by me at least)

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
"The GTVA colossal can fit two dozen orion class destroyers in it's fighterbay and is made of parts from eight different lucifer class destroyers"

That nearly killed me i laughed so haed.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
LOL yeah, i LOVED that!!

even better was the reccomendations for the second mission debriefing... LOL...:

'TEAM! im dissapointed... the reason we were jumped by those pirates was because they picked up our radio chatter! WHY cant you be more like alpha 1? you didnt hear HIM talking about how he hates his fighter! you didnt hear HIM chatting about stupid sitcoms!...'

lol... i nearly died laughing at THAT...

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
this realy needs voiceacting, i'd love to hear those guys say all that crap.

Originally posted by pyro-manic
ere are a number of missions which were simply impossible to complete. This was due to being overwhelmed by enemies (looking at the missions in FRED shows that I was being attacked by 2 wings of Herc2s and/or Myrmidons with Colonel AI levels) and not surviving long enough to complete the objectives. I played it on Medium (my usual difficulty setting), and there were a few missions I simply could not survive, or failed because I spent all my time flying evasive action rather than protecting the Custodian and Shield. (The missions around the GTVI installation and the subsequent nebula chase). This may simply mean that I'm crap (I haven't read everyone's comments), but I found it immensely frustrating, as these situations didn't start happening until a long way into the campaign, and I really didn't want to have to replay all the earlier missions just to get past these few.
)

Your crap, i beat those on hard... but it did take me nearly forever

Spoiler:

now i'm on the mission where you have to get bothe corvettes and the sheild past the shivan destroyer to the jump node and theres like 3 cain/lilith cruisers all launching their damn shivan cluster bombs
« Last Edit: December 29, 2004, 11:34:15 pm by 2073 »
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
blaise, a tribute to this great campaign :)

//Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm playing this campaign...
it's awesome!

just a few things bothered me...
like the fighters being repaired in the middle of nowhere...(i mean, how can be repaired if neither the Custodian or the Shield have fighterbays...
i also found some missing debriefings...
and sometimes, there was a lack of directives...or hotkeys (like in the Nebula missions)...
also, the messages are DAMN FAST...from 5 messages i read 2 of them...or less!!!
Developing a FS2 Campaign:
Corruptible, everyone has a price

Offline Turnsky

• FOXFIRE Artisté
  • huh?.. Who?.. hey you kids, git off me lawn!
you haven't seen the on-sight pit crew...

mind you... i feel sorry for the pilots...

"Do you realise HOW LONG i've been waiting to go to the TOILET?!"
   //Warning\\
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
do not torment the sleep deprived artist, he may be vicious when cornered,
in case of emergency, administer caffeine to the artist,
he will become docile after that,
and less likely to stab you in the eye with a mechanical pencil
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out the Lightning Marshall Campaign, there's a few releases there. I believe the idea was, just like in LM, that the fighters were moored to the ship externally and then the pilots would access the ship through an airlock. Likewise, repairs and rearms could be done by people in EVA suits.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Yeah, that's what i thaught. I dont however understand where the other 5 hercs and the other 5 lokis are...

You need to use f4 to see all the messages.
actualy, mabye not.

Offline Grimloq

• Backslash enthusiast
yes... all that :)

the HTL ships are perfect for this. the herc and the diemos :)

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Yeah, Beta 1 is a MAN!
actualy, mabye not.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Thanks for a great campaign. Here are my thoughts:

Spoiler:

I thought the missions were all pretty good. The only over the top one was the mission in which the GTVI pursues you through the node. I'd space out the attackers a little there.The large number of pirate ships topic has been done to death, so I'll not mention it again. However, every mission is set up with Alpha wing flying Lokis, with an option to fly Hercs. Why would anyone choose a Loki over a Herc? Thus I found myself dragging Hercs down in the ship selection screen every time. Plus, they get the worthless Prometheus-S by default. Therefore you have to then go to the loadout screen and drag down proper weapons instead -- every time.

I was puzzled by the whole GTVI aspect. I was somehow expecting to find that your freighters had been smuggling some of the secret weaponry used by the GTVI or such, thereby explaining why they (and everyone else) are hell bent on killing you. The whole 'traitor' thing somehow felt unresolved, at least to me. Likewise, the 'no quarter for traitors' ending was odd. In the FS2 campaign we see far worse traitors (crew of TRINITY, for instance) being afforded all sorts of rights and protections. Summary justice doesn't seem to fall under BETAC... :) Moreover, how can you be such awful traitors as to be killed on sight, but also not worth tracking down later. Finally, earlier everyone is amazed by the fact that a Terran ship (MAMMON) has beams mounted on it, but the DD in the last mission is a Hecate loaded with beams, etc.... Perhaps it might make more sense to have your pilots surrender to this fleet, only to discover on approach that they are actually GTVI, not ordinary GTVA, cue beams etc...

Otherwise, this campaign had some of the best dialogue yet. A voice pack would be terrific! The other pilots have some real character -- the paranoid pilot and the Vasudan were well done. The pacing was great, it really made you want to go on to see how you would escape. I sincerely hope that you will redo Homesick at some time, as this is a real AAA campaign.

If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Admiral Nelson
the worthless Prometheus-S
:wtf: Prometheus-S isn't worthless... are you confusing it with the Prometheus-R?

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
D'oh... Of course, Prometheus-R is what I meant... ;)
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.