General FreeSpace > Blue Planet Multi

WIH Multi Test #4!

<< < (2/5) > >>

General Battuta:

--- Quote from: WormholeSurfer on May 10, 2011, 10:04:55 am ---
--- Quote from: bigchunk1 on May 06, 2011, 05:37:33 pm ---
Here's are some video demos of what to expect: capship TvT
                                                                       AoA conversion Forced Entry:Multi playthrough

--- End quote ---

:eek2: You can definitely count me in. Never done multi before though, I've no idea how to set up the thing. I followed the instructions here (http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=63609.0) but I suppose I'll have to download something else as well?

--- End quote ---

Check out this thread. And welcome aboard!

bigchunk1:
OP updated with link, thanks for the catch

That thread gives you a step-by-step rundown of how to get the multiplayer modpack. Getting a multiplayer pilot setup instructions can be found here

--- Quote ---Also, if you are unsure if you can do this because you don't know how multi, mods or technical anything works... please please join us on IRC and we can help you get setup.

--- End quote ---

WormholeSurfer:
Thanks! Do I need to forward any ports to play, or is that only for the host?

bigchunk1:
Only the host has to forward ports, yeah.

bigchunk1:
How about having two tests, one starting at 6:00PM GMT on Saturday May 14th and another starting at 6:00AM GMT on Sunday May 15th?

This means Americans/Canadians will be able to play in the afternoon or at night on Saturday.

The Europeans will be able to play late at night on Saturday or early in the morning on Sunday.

And the Australians will be able to play in the afternoon on Sunday.

What is likely to happen is that the time between these two tests will have sporadic games being played, a marathon if you will, making it a good day to be a player of freespace.

We can use the teamspeak server as well... it will be a grand old time. What do you all say?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version