Author Topic: Performance Tip... (works for all of FS2, but useful here)  (Read 6190 times)

Performance Tip... (works for all of FS2, but useful here)
hmm thats a bit weird...
P4 1.7Ghz 512mb SDRAM GF4 Ti4200

using FSOpen with 1024x768x16

My comp regularly slows down when explosions happen or im facing a large fleet of ships, might try that

EDIT: i have no d3dpreloadtextures in my registry

Offline Flaser

• man/fish warsie
Running it on Open was a resource hog, even my 1,6 P4 has trouble handling it (512 RDRam).

The HT&L would help though (if they removed that distance chekc for the Sol mission).
"I was going to become a speed dealer. If one stupid fairytale turns out to be total nonsense, what does the young man do? If you answered, “Wake up and face reality,” you don’t remember what it was like being a young man. You just go to the next entry in the catalogue of lies you can use to destroy your life." - John Dolan

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
you can't remove the far clipping plane though.  its required to even get HT&L to work
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Hmmmm.... would it be possible to tag an object as Decoration and have it ignored by the distance check?

Flipside :D

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Here's another performance tip that is not recommended anyone should follow: Don't install Windows updates.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Do I need to do this with 1024MB DDR RAM, Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB DDR and AMD 2700+?
DSA-Gabriel (Squadron Leader)
Founder of the Dying Star Alliance.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
no, with that kind of spec you want the high res tetures.

Where can I find those?
DSA-Gabriel (Squadron Leader)
Founder of the Dying Star Alliance.

Hello Everyone, i'm new to this BB :D

I've played Inferno some time ago, and i'm playing it without sscp and graphs are still great :D Inferno runs good on my antique pc:
300mhz/64ram/tnt m64

I'm playing it of course at 640x480 16bit but only in larger battles i need to shut one hardware textures light, but in other mission inferno is working perfectly
This is the end of everything... You are the end of everything...