Author Topic: How this works  (Read 3221 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
K, we now have our own private judging forum. :) Only the three of us can access it (and I've double-checked the forum permissions to ensure this is the case).

So here's how I think this should work.  After August 1st, each of us will download and play the submitted missions.  Once we finish a mission, we'll write a review in the style of the VWatch archives.  Then we check this forum.  If there's already a thread about that mission, we add our review to it.  If not, we start a new thread with the title of the mission and put our review as the first post.  The idea is that each mission will have its own thread, just like with FRED Academy.

Once we have a "critical mass" of reviews, we can start discussion of prizes, either by replying to the mission thread or starting new threads, whichever feels more appropriate.  Everyone's a moderator here, so feel free to make your own stickies or whatever you feel is necessary. ;)

For reference:
The FRED Contest thread
VolitionWatch Archives review criteria

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Sounds like a good idea :) I've been playing FS2 a lot more these last few weeks so I'm not going to have too much of a problem covering all these. How many missions have been submitted so far?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
At time of posting, 2 by TopAce, 1 Akalabeth Angel, 1 BlueFlames, 1 Axem and 1 Trashman.

Grand total: 6.

Could be more if others are submitted tonight, or perhaps tomorrow, or if there's an extension.

(edit: there may be more. Trashman sent five? Dude wants to win, all right. :) )

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
How come I never noticed this before?  I think I would open FRED2 for the first time in ages and put something together....
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
The competition was posted in the campaigns forum and in the news. How did you miss it?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Okay I've sent PM's to Trashman and TopAce requesting that they pick one mission so that we cut down the number of missions we need to review (Reviewing all 5 of Trashman's is enough to give me a cold sweat).

TopAce appears to have choosen the FSport mission he mailed us but I'mn waiting for confirmation on this.