Author Topic: MechWarrior Online  (Read 270394 times)

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
I'm just concerned that they attempt Tukayyid right off the bat.  Why not start with the earlier battles for the capitals?  Ohhhhhhhh... just checked Sarna.  The Battle of Tukayyid went from May 1 to 20.  They're trying to keep sync with the canon events.
srsly? i thought the buggers abandoned it a while ago?
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Nope. Every few weeks they "reset" the Community Warfare map to whatever the borders were at that point in time in the BT universe.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Figures.

"Inner Sphere map that you can change based on how you play!"

*reset in order to undo changes every few weeks*

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yeah, BT canon being so ****ing holy all of a sudden.

JESUS CHRIST, MAKE A SINGLE PLAYER BT GAME ALREADY no i'm not bitter or anything
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Yeah, BT canon being so ****ing holy all of a sudden.

JESUS CHRIST, MAKE A SINGLE PLAYER BT GAME ALREADY no i'm not bitter or anything
A single player bt game, yes, please. Just by any other developer!
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Aesaar

Yes, they should take the bits of this game that work, so the models and general gameplay, and someone (not PGI) should make an SP campaign.  That would be awesome.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Yes, they should take the bits of this game that work, so the models and general gameplay, and someone (not PGI) should make an SP campaign.  That would be awesome.

Whenever this thread pops up again, I look at some youtube videos of MWO and stare at the pretty graphics. But then the sadness sets in as I realize that there still is no single player mode, and it's still basically CounterStrike with Mechs :(
In the end I boot up my old Win98 machine and play some MW2 3DFX.

But I would pay serious $$$ for a modern Mechwarrior game with a proper single player campaign.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Well, I finally got the C-Bills to purchase a Nova Prime.

This might be the most hilarious 'Mech I've ever seen.  :lol:

EDIT: well, Tukayyid is off to a fail start. Apparently the servers are overflowing with IS'ers and there's a severe shortage of Clanners to oppose them.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 10:08:26 pm by Dark Hunter »
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline crizza

Started to play again... dear lord, playing this clan invasion thing with trail mechs you get constantly flamed :D

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Anyone still getting actively playing this?  I haven't played since the Project Phoenix package(2013?) came out but if the state of the game is in good shape I might spool it up and get some reps in.  Would the mechs in my stable from that time still be competitive?
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Melon

• Steam
On the (rather rare) occasion I play, my Thunderbolts, Jagermechs, Centurions, and Spiders all do pretty well. I think the game is alright, but I only play a few games at a time, and I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to the BT universe.
The difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.

Anyone still getting actively playing this?  I haven't played since the Project Phoenix package(2013?) came out but if the state of the game is in good shape I might spool it up and get some reps in.  Would the mechs in my stable from that time still be competitive?

The game itself is doing just fine, I'd say. And yes, the old 'Mechs are still competitive.

I'm on every now and again, more often now that I've found a group to play with. If you see a "SolDarkHunter" out there, say hello.

(Also kind of excited for the near-future what with the Marauder and Warhammer coming out soonish... my inner Macross fan is geeking out over that.)

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Ever since I got my new tower, I've been doing a lot better and still playing once a week.

Just got into Pilot Skill Tier 3, and there's supposed to be a new major patch starting this week. Warhammer's coming out...

Here's my SHD-2K "Wood Hawk" which works wonders for me. On any good match, it scores hat trick kills and 550 damage on average (I've had a couple instances where it was in the 700/800 range).
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
New map, Whammy, balance changes and more destructable terrain with new game modes promised in the future... this is either a good time to be excited or afraid or some combination.

Also <3 Marauders.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Rabid

I've recently gotten into the MWO scene. Its pretty good. I do regret the lack of a MW2,3,or variants of 4 esque campaign.

Is there any semblance of a "all the dudes from hardlight" faction still kicking around? I have some friends I play with but we usually only get 3 guys on at a time.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
new game modes promised in the future...
A lack of promises was never this game's failing point.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
Yeah, this is as good time as any to call PGI dirty liars. :) They always promised an awful lot of things and didn't really deliver on most. I wouldn't even care if they promised a singleplayer mode at that point. If they made and released such a mode, well, I suppose I could touch this thing again.

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
I've recently gotten into the MWO scene. Its pretty good. I do regret the lack of a MW2,3,or variants of 4 esque campaign.

Is there any semblance of a "all the dudes from hardlight" faction still kicking around? I have some friends I play with but we usually only get 3 guys on at a time.

We used to.  I left it because none of the HLP guys who weren't already in another unit were ever on.

Also the new map is a hilarious clusterf**k of epic proportions.  With no significant terrain landmarks and huge sightlines, everything will inevitably devolve into a mess of 2-3 sub-battles, and ER weapons are overpowered.  Really overpowered. 
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
One day we'll get a good 'Mech game.

Today is not that day.  MWO really just reminds me that proper BattleTech games really need to be single player or some kind of turn based.  Between pop-tarts in MW4, legging in MW2 and MW3, and MWO's pitiful attempts at balance there hasn't been a great actually multiplayer combat 'Mech game since the Pods back in the late 90s/early 00s.

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom

I've gotten on a bit more lately, usually in my dakka-hawk. If you see "Suralin", that's me.
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"