Author Topic: PCS2 User to User Help  (Read 109502 times)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Re: PCS2 User to User Help
thats probibly because it includes the shield and bounding boxes as well
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
No, I mean the smae model converted with PCS1 nad PCS2 using the same scaling facot ends up different in size.
Fighter or capship, shield or no shields.

The Orion that ends up 2054m with PCS1 ends up over 2300 with PCS2.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Water

No, I mean the smae model converted with PCS1 nad PCS2 using the same scaling facot ends up different in size.
Fighter or capship, shield or no shields.

The Orion that ends up 2054m with PCS1 ends up over 2300 with PCS2.
Check for any scaling in the model (reset xform, apply rotation and scaling etc..)
Tested a 2k cob, in pcs2 it was spot on.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Yeah and jacek has been making some spot on models with Max->Collada->PCS2 as well.  He's nailing the lengths dead on so unless he's got his own conversion he's using I think it's working.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Check for any scaling in the model (reset xform, apply rotation and scaling etc..)
Tested a 2k cob, in pcs2 it was spot on.

I'm using TS 5.1, not 3D Max...no reset Xform.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Water

I'm using TS 5.1, not 3D Max...no reset Xform.
Start new and create a 20m cube, unwrap and save a cob. Use PCS1 & 2.
At a scale of 1
then at a scale of .1
then 10

If it ends up at 20m in the first and 200m in the second and 2 for the last, then the problem is elsewhere.

If the scaling is wrong, then post the results and the cob.

My insignia are in the wrong place now. Went through the section of the Wiki, Ctrl-A 'd them several times, checked again...
Image attached. Yes I know it looks like crap, I'm not intending to use it.

[attachment deleted by MSC

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Hey there,

just a short question (since I can't seem to find a list of controls)

How can I move the view away from the center of the model. That's possible, right ? At least the buttons on top suggest that. I tried, Mouse, arrows and WASD, but it's not moving

Thanks for the help :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Try shift or alt or control plus mouse dragging, some of those combinations move it differently.  Maybe combinations of modifier keys too.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Shift it is. Thanks :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
OK, another question :)

Let's say I'm to lazy (or otherwise unable) to open a model again in the model program, so I can technically move the objects via the coordinates in PCS.  Has anyone tried that and received bad results doing that or is it save to do so ?
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

So I'm trying to import a model into the game. It's composed of detail 0, turrets, and the associated helper. I can't get the firing normals to work. The firing points seem linked to the turret model, and have nothing to do with the helpers at all.

-When I first tried importing it, the pivot points for all my turret models where in one place (they're single part) and the normals were pointing straight up.

-So then I centered the pivot points for all the turrets onto the the associated helpers, and sure enough the in the game they were all firing in from the right place. Except the normal were all pointing straight up, still.

-So then I tried rotating the turret models' pivot point to match the helpers' normals, but I can't do that because then I need to reset my x-form before importing.

So does anyone know why this is all happening? And maybe a way to fix it? :confused:

Do you having it setup something like this?
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Yes, minus the turret arm and turret destroyed. Could it be a naming problem? It just occured to me my first turret is turret00. Yours there is turret01.

Edit: I renamed it, but nothing changed. Is it possibly a problem with my computer or PCS2? For instance, I need to use MODVIW32 to edit POF's because every verion of PCS2 I have crashes when I click on anything.

Here's a screenshot of my heirarchy:

[attachment deleted by MSC
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 02:11:47 pm by bobbtmann »

Try this:  

Take a turret thats pointing straight up  (if you don't have one then change one so it does).
Unlink it from detail 0, then unlink everything in that turret.  All the firepoints, firepoint(s), helper and actual turret, (if it had an arm, that too).  
Collapse the turret if necessary, then select everything that you just unlinked (mesh & dummies) then do a reset-xform on them.  
Then finally relink them up as they were before.

I've found if I've got a turret that's misbehaving (my biggest problem is the firepoints are not located in the right direction) a reset-xform usually solves this.

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

Is resetting the x-form on one turret going to solve the problem for all of them? I tried it on a turret that was mostly facing up. After resetting the x-form, it's still facing up, and so are all the others.

I also tried doing a reset x-form on all the turrets and their helpers, then rotating the helpers, and they're all still facing up. I've also tried using dummy helpers instead of point helpers, to no avail. I've also deleted all helpers and made new ones, also to not avail. I'm pretty sure the solution will be obvious when it's found, but I'm stumped.

It would affect just one.  If that didn't help then I'm not sure what the problem is offhand.

I would like to ask you a favour, Scooby_Doo. If I provide a .max file, would you mind converting it for me? It's rigged and the heirarchy is in place, it just needs to be run turned into a DAE and the a POF.

I would like to eliminate the possibility that it is my computer that's screwing things up.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 07:45:09 pm by bobbtmann »

Sure I'll have a look at it.

Thanks! I really appreciate it.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 05:34:05 pm by bobbtmann »