Author Topic: Multi-Monitor Support  (Read 2347 times)

Offline coffeesoft

• Bip Bip
Multi-Monitor Support
Hi to everyone...

I want to ask if the game will support Multi-Monitor native or similar.

Now i´m playing on 3 screens the mods for Freespace Open that has the Darth Maul's and Darth Doull's model´s
and runs good with "Softth_1.9" software and "fred2_open_3_6_14" version.
I´m asking because i was trying to play on 3 screens the mod "Wing Commander Saga" and i can´t, may be because
is a standalone version.

Thanks for share this amazing job with us....

Sorry for my English  :), here some pics...

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Re: Multi-Monitor Support
We're not going to fork from the main FSO trunk like Wing Commander Saga did (our project leader is the current leader of the Freespace source code project), so anything that is doable in FSO should be doable in FotG when we release. Adapting our HUD configuration to accomodate a three monitor setup would be very simple.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
In game the three monitor setup will work fine, however currently the menus/main-halls (etc) still get stretched

(edit for clarification)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 04:21:43 pm by niffiwan »
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

So is it possible to isolate things that would normally go into the main monitor near the hud and put them on another monitor say one below the hub. The idea is to move certain things like messaging, shields wingmen, etc to a monitor below the main monitor. On the lower monitor holes are water jet cut through .750" aluminum and the aluminum creates a cockpit display panel like in a fighter jet. The data is all on one screen but the holes in the overlay make it look like insramentation.  I am converting a Warthog fighter jet cockpit and want to do the same things I did with the A-10 cockpit.