Author Topic: GTC Fenris in Minecraft  (Read 82909 times)

Offline Kszyhu

Re: GTC Fenris in Minecraft
Radiators? Some kind of sensors?  Bullseye?

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Two ships shooting at each other with wool 'beams.' :nervous:

Hmm... that circle does indeed look like something important, but TBH, how likely would it be for there to be an opening or conduit from the outside to the reactor?

I'd love to hear any other ideas (besides reactor) about what that red circle could be, tho...

Escape pod launchers?  On a ship with as little armor as the Fenris, those would be pretty essential.  Of course, on a ship that explodes as fast as a Fenris, they'd also be a little useless.  ;)

THE EYE OF FENRIS WATCHES ALWAYS

WHEN THE FORETOLD TIME IS AT HAND, FENRIS SHALL REVEAL HIMSELF IN ALL HIS MAJESTY, AND STRIKE DOWN HIS BROTHER LEVIATHAN, AND A NEW AGE SHALL COME TO BE

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Wat.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Escape pod launchers?  On a ship with as little armor as the Fenris, those would be pretty essential.  Of course, on a ship that explodes as fast as a Fenris, they'd also be a little useless.  ;)
They don't really look like escape pods and are a bit too big to be really practical, honestly.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

They don't really look like escape pods and are a bit too big to be really practical, honestly.

Well, the aperture has to dialate before the baby escape pod can emerge.  Besides, the ship already has an arborretum and a bar.  Maybe it's time to add something to emphasize the fact that it's a decades-old tin can that will explode if a hostile pilot breathes toward it funny combat vessel.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Well, the aperture has to dialate before the baby escape pod can emerge.

Stop that! I just delivered my 3rd daughter in the backseat of my dad's car this morning. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Progress report:

I finished a prototype for turret internals. I did it for the one turret facing the base station, and built a maintenance room around it. I presume we're presuming that there is a central control room presiding over all the turrets from one location ("Gunnery control, open fire!"), and not Star Wars Ep. 3-esque individually-manned turrets? Feedback please. :)

Also, I outlined a main hall on the deck above the current halls; seems to me that one hall works better than two in the narrower width available when it passes through the necks. Its floor is 8 blocks wide instead of 7 for the other decks; we can lower it to 6 if 8 is too wide. Let me know what you think.

Finally, I just added a possible type of elevator (zipper elevator!) to the front bulkhead of the CIC (one could go on the rear bulkhead of the CIC as well)... it uses pistons, but the game is way to laggy for me to be a valid tester - it works, but only when my computer gets the signals from the server in time, which usually only happens ~10% of the time. Could someone test it out and let me know if it works often enough to keep?

Miscellany so I don't forget them:
  • "Emergency" access stairwells near any elevators (and in many other places), for those times when the ship is under attack by that vicious alien race, the Laaag!!
  • Generally, maintenance areas should only have ladders for ascending/descending, not stairways.
  • Gunnery Control room (with labeled stations for each turret? ;7 )
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Teh ship needs a strip bar....to keep up crew morale.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Well, the aperture has to dialate before the baby escape pod can emerge.  Besides, the ship already has an arborretum and a bar.  Maybe it's time to add something to emphasize the fact that it's a decades-old tin can that will explode if a hostile pilot breathes toward it funny combat vessel.
I've already added a few escape pods and have some more places to put more. There's no need.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Infirmary is done. :p I placed it right between the two airlocks since rapid access seemed logical. I'm quite happy with the result, but if anyone has any suggested changes or ideas, let me know!

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
More quick idea recording:

- 4 elevator/drop systems, 1 in nose area (between infirmary and lounge), 1 in front of CIC, 1 behind CIC, and one in engine section. Each should have a drop array (drop shafts w/water breaks + water current to clear the bottom; openings in each deck above shaft bottom) and 2 rapid elevators; 1 to the top deck, 1 to the "primary" deck.
- Kitchen + buffet along rear of lounge; possible mess hall behind kitchen (if room & if needed); possible food farms above/below kitchen (wheat, melon, pumpkin, sugar cane, eggs).
- Set aside space for turret internals

Offline watsisname

Do people use watervators in space? :P

Well I guess if there's artificial gravity on board.
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
"Emergency" access stairwells near any elevators (and in many other places), for those times when the ship is under attack by that vicious alien race, the Laaag!!

A lag proof elevator has been developed by qaz and refined to meet Fenris desk level and cleanness specifications, only awaiting your test before they can be implemented. A stairwell next the each is still a good idea for going down only one floor though.

Also, the finished dropshaft:

And as you can see, some more of the shell was done too.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I tweeted Jeb about my lag issues (not just mine - there's many thousands of results in Google on a search for the exact error I get) and got useful responses!

http://twitter.com/#!/sandwich_hlp/status/133072986948374528
Quote from: Sandwich
@jeb_ Morning! R u aware of this? bit.ly/rLP6oz Until I time out, my chats get thru 2 svr but not back 2 me; 0 chunk updates... :(

http://twitter.com/#!/jeb_/status/133179317516636160
Quote from: jeb_
@sandwich_hlp Yep I'm aware of it

http://twitter.com/#!/sandwich_hlp/status/133194869622583297
@jeb_ That's great to hear. :) Do you think it's something in the Minecraft #notchcode that's fixable?

http://twitter.com/#!/jeb_/status/133195108626608133
Quote from: jeb_
@sandwich_hlp I'm sure it's fixable, problem is to identify what is causing it. But it seems to be server-side

http://twitter.com/#!/sandwich_hlp/status/133196787136737280
@jeb_ Ok, well I can duplicate the issue in a vanilla (1.8.1) server reliably, so if you need help testing, I'm here. Thanks!

Thanks to Kyad for enabling me to confirm that the problem exists on a vanilla server.

Now we just wait and hope! :)

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Do people use watervators in space? :P

Well I guess if there's artificial gravity on board.
How dare you doubt the existence of artificial gravity?! 'Tis sacrilege I say!

:P

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
We kind of know for a fact that the GTVA uses artificial gravity of some sort, since you can see multiple people in cutscenes (and the main menus for that matter) walking around just fine. :p

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
We kind of know for a fact that the GTVA uses artificial gravity of some sort, since you can see multiple people in cutscenes (and the main menus for that matter) walking around just fine. :p

i believe it is in the reference bible

edit

also

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 02:31:08 am by headdie »
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I can see my house from here! :P