Author Topic: GTC Fenris in Minecraft  (Read 82479 times)

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: GTC Fenris in Minecraft
Oh, and as an idea... is there a way to push every glowstone (or even the full top layer, and checkerboard style under that) block behind the water out, at the same time? I'm thinking afterburner button. Perhaps linked directly to the bridge. The water is already one block above the visible area, so it would fix itself once they are retracted.

That'd be a lot of sticky pistons...

The fenris is a lot of stone, point? Since we've been granted creative mode for the project, we are only limited by the time we are willing to put into it. I'm not asking so much 'can it be done' as 'is it practical and worth it'. I just think it would be cool since piston operated docking doors are already planned.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Right, I keep forgetting about creative mode. I'd say yeah, go for it. Would look pretty cool.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
Oh, and as an idea... is there a way to push every glowstone (or even the full top layer, and checkerboard style under that) block behind the water out, at the same time? I'm thinking afterburner button. Perhaps linked directly to the bridge. The water is already one block above the visible area, so it would fix itself once they are retracted.

That'd be a lot of sticky pistons...
the wiring is worse.
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
I can see it doable in a checkerboard pattern quite easily, every piston on the other hand... D:
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken
  • Powered by copious amounts of coffee and nicotine
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • PeceniPicek's own deviantart page
I can see it doable in a checkerboard pattern quite easily, every piston on the other hand... D:
yeah. you can sorta cheat by putting repeaters in front ala
Code: [Select]
piston <- redstone  <- air
piston <- any block <- repeater <- bring redstone here in some way
< repeat the pattern >

but it might be a smidge tricky to set up right. if you do try something like that, i advise to try it out before making it on the fenris
Ho, ho, ho, to the bottle I go
to heal my heart and drown my woe!
Rain may fall and wind may blow,
and many miles be still to go,
but under a tall tree I will lie!

The Apocalypse Project needs YOU! - recruiting info thread.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I'm on it. :D
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Ok, problem: glowstone gets a dark texture when against glass. When not against glass, the water spills everywhere. I'll leave it checkerboarded in case someone else wants to play around with it.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
New Engines:

Normal, boring engines...

Afterburners!

And the entirety of the wiring. Should be able to get it to the bridge with a few repeaters.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Can has youtube?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Go buy minecraft. :p

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Can has youtube?

Yes, you can has Youtube. No complaints about quality though.

And more Youtube. This time of Sandwich's Airlock in action.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 04:24:08 pm by KyadCK »

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Yes, you can has Youtube. No complaints about quality though.

And more Youtube. This time of Sandwich's Airlock in action.

Haha, awesome muzak! :p I'm about to logon and see if I can compact the airlock wiring any. :)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Ok, I'm satisfied with the port airlock (the one on the side of the base station). It has great functionality, with outer and inner doors that work together to never both be open at the same time. It also has warning lights that blink when the outer door is either open, or will open if the inner doors are closed! I'm really proud of that one. :D

I also made the facade of the starboard airlock, matching the port one, but I didn't add all the same mechanisms since it will be the entry point for the minecart ship tour. :)

Finally, I marked off a few decks & maintenance decks above the port airlock, just for the heck of it. ;)

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
Time for another episode of Kyad's Screenshots! Today we feature, again, the engine. But something is new this time.

The operational section no longer uses just 5-blocks of space from the back. It now takes over half, and features a proper engine 'core' as well as two cooling tanks:

And inside the sealed off area is the maintenance room. Complete with catwalks, plasma conduits, fuel and cooling lines:

And as trivia: What movie was sandwich reenacting when standing in the engine core?

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
And as trivia: What movie was sandwich reenacting when standing in the engine core?

Ooh, I know, I know!!! :p

ProTip: Convert PNGs to JPG before uploading them. :p

Star Trek II is the obvious answer, but Event Horizon would be hilarious to reenact in Minecraft.

Offline KyadCK

• Minecraft
    • Steam
And yet more screenshots

Today we finished the engineer's decks:

It was fully sealed up, but that wouldnt make for intresting pictures, would it?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Are those reservoirs/glass pipes actually part of the functioning mechanism to run the "afterburner"?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Are those reservoirs/glass pipes actually part of the functioning mechanism to run the "afterburner"?

Err... yes? :nervous:

Offline -Sara-

Looks good, long live creative.  :yes:
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.