Author Topic: Confidence  (Read 9514 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
To be honest I couldn't tell you.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
I believe that the BTRL team would have a perfectly good reason for splitting, not over something like "I hate caek". If they wanna keep the reason private, then I respect their wishes.

Actually, it was over pie. The epic debate between marionberry or apple pie. Godsless un-Colonial toasterfrakers and their marionberry pie...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 06:39:03 pm by Ace »
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Well... Caek is pretty awful stuff...
I must first say that while cake = caek, caek != cake whereas cake = cake||caek, and caek != cake.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
GW is dying? BtrL is dying? I don't think so. It's hibernating.

FS2 mods/ games don't die, they hibernate 'till someone comes and start/ continue to work on 'em.

The lack of information on GW COULD be one of the reasons why GW is quiet lately...

I like the idea of the episodic releases AND the fact that we get Battle-ready Capships to FRED/ play with, earlier then i could dream of.
The fact that most of the DIASPORA team members are BtrL Veterans makes sure that there is a quality game in the launchtube.
Thanks and good luck to the DIASPORA team, and also thx and good luck to the BtrL team.

BTW, there is no thread about DIASPORA at GW, yet. Who volunteers to post the info on GW? :nervous:

« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 05:38:42 pm by Angelus »

Offline Shade

There is a thread, actually, and one post in another. Just not in the BtRL forum ;) Advertising a rival game in he BtRL forums would be rather... impolite. So we are not going to do that.

http://www.game-warden.com/forum/showthread.php?p=107149#post107149
http://www.game-warden.com/forum/showthread.php?p=107147#post107147

Anyway, I for one certainly don't think GW is dying. Shadows of Lylat alone will be getting plenty of interest, and there are many other projects there as well and, though none are as active as SoL, between them they add up to a fair bit of life.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 01:38:11 pm by Shade »
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Earth Defense is quite promising :nod:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
From what i've seen as a member of Earth Defense it most definately is :nod; Mobius if you are too i apologise, nothing meant by it. ;)

late night and i just got home. my task ED will be underway once i've finished writing this post <tipsy>.

I also wanted to add, this topic has a really high post/viewd ratio (26 posts to 615+ views at time of writing) if nothing else it's a testament to Diasporas growing fanbase :yes: which validates my original point. :D
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I'd like to get INFA done before working on ED.

And yeah, the whole new forum is pretty active. Diaspora is a nice, promising mod. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Shade

No it isn't. Because it's not a mod, but a total conversion... won't need FS2 to play it :p

<This service announcement was brought to you by the HLP Association of Nitpickers.>
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
i have to ask... because it was my personal fault with BtrL: will the health of fighters be at least 1/2 of what the are in BtRL?

and could we see release 1 by christmas?

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
The hitpoint of the fighters will remain roughly the same they were on BtRL demo. For obvious gameplay reasons, we cannot stay 100% true to the show and have ships that blow up from one or two hits.

Offline Meleardil

• Meleardil Eressea Iluvadan
Once it is out, you can MOD it for your taste...such talents shall not remain wasted.
"I think it is impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves."
Speaker for the Dead

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I agree, the game would be impossible to beat with reduced hitpoints. It'll be easier to blow the enemies up but it'll be easier to get yourself killed as well.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
I agree, the game would be impossible to beat with reduced hitpoints. It'll be easier to blow the enemies up but it'll be easier to get yourself killed as well.

I rarely got hit in SP, usually only a couple times unless they get in a zgood burst, which ought to kill me.

i was thinking 1-hit in cockpit/raider head, up to 7 elsewhere

and can we expect a release by X-mas?

EDIT: also can we expect improved versions of models in latter releases?

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Have you ever played on Insane?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Have you ever played on Insane?

Have you ever played on Insane vs. Scar?  ;)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
One on one Vs. a Scar? Nah...

The real problem in high difficulty levels is that you easily go down. A few Cylon Raiders are more dangerous than a single Scar on Insane, IMO.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Can't wait until the game comes out.  :D It's going to be amazing, I know it will!