Author Topic: Some more feature questions...  (Read 1946 times)

Offline Rebound

Some more feature questions...
So I was wondering... Is there any chance that the thrust of the lateral and vertical thrusters are going to be increased as compared to BtRL. They were useful but not nearly as responsive as we see in the show in my opinion. The same goes for reverse thrust. Also will there eventually be an option to have glide activated as a "glide on ONLY while key 'x' is being depressed" function.  I'm sure I'll think of something else sooner or later I'm just inquisitive like that. Thanks again to the devs that are building such an awesome game for us.

SO SAY WE ALL!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Some more feature questions...
We got a few comments about the thrusters. It's a good possibility we'll be boosting them somewhat. Glide when pressed is already in the game (and has been for a while actually).
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Rebound

Thanks Kara!

Offline Ramjet

I was thinking of that when BtRL demo was released... but what I noticed was, that with targets quite far away, vectoring thrusters didn't appear to do much purely because of the perspective effect. Using them along side the mining ship, Thruster appeared to be very effective and even difficult to control... ? Thats just my thoughts

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
space is big. very big. You can't even imagine how big space is.
That thrusters were effective on a constant level, believe me :nod:

You know that I think BtrL was perfect in gameplay and physics. So Diaspora...   ...impress me!  ;7
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.