Author Topic: New explosion effect  (Read 3066 times)

Offline Nighteyes

New explosion effect
Just though you might be interested, I've just finished creating a new explosion effect and people though it will go well in Diaspora :)
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,62565.20.html

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
Re: New explosion effect
good job man!  :yes:
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline Jangiri

It looks great but there's one thing i notice. the switch between the full model and the debris is too obvious. i would make the initial explosion bigger and or brighter to cover up the transition. they do this type of thing well in BSG: fleet commander. The mod for homeworld 2.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Oh that's an animation cut-off bug, I think they're working on it

Offline Jangiri

actually i watched the first video again and i noticed that wasn't an issue in that one. that one was perfect. looks amazing

Offline H78

I've had an idea for a short ad yout tube clip involving that explosion type.  Just a 50 second shot through a viper cockpit facing the explosion, with a raider just emerging from it at the end. Fades to black. Miniseries drumroll, then the diaspiora logo fades in  (with possible red-eye effect) . Essentially a slow-motion version of the independance day clip that features the shot through the AWACS plane cockpit as they hit the fireball around the alaen saucer.

Just out of interest, might it be possible to port that explosion type to other games/game engines? Just my curiosity.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
It might, depending on what formats he can output to and what formats the game you want to import it to supports.